Risky much? But it’s worth it!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Messages
19,120
Reaction score
38,554
Location
United Kingdom (England)
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I saw these Gobiodon okinawae at my LFS and thought ‘they’re just too cute’ so hopefully this doesn’t go to hell with my current Black Clown Goby (Gobiodon acicularis).
IMG_6688.jpeg


Also pray for my SPS…
IMG_6521.jpeg
 
They indicate "best with other docile species", lol. So what are you going to name the two yellow terrors? I like Sweet Tooth and Pennywise. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Oh absolutely!

Now we need to name my black clown goby… how about Scar?
 
Let me know how this works out. I have two yellow clown gobies and my wife wants to add a green clown goby.
Definitely will, I’ll get an update once they’re dripped and in the tank!
 
I imagine you'll find out shortly, lol.
So far so good! The black hasn’t changed anything and the two yellows are hanging out on my Astreopora colony.
IMG_6695.jpeg

IMG_6694.jpeg

IMG_6693.jpeg


The second of the two clown gobies looks slightly worse than the other but it should hopefully be alright as he swims and behaves normally. The yellow and green truly is a beautiful combo.
 
Thoughts going through the yellow gobies little fish minds right now: "Nom nom". :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Hopefully not! This is a coral I love haha, don’t get me wrong there’s some coral I’d rather not have decimated in my SPS but if they do attack them then it just means I need big colonies!
 
Gosh I love them, but I always regret it the first time I catch them nipping corals.
My hope is they don’t go and have an all you can eat buffet on my SPS, but I do also love LPS and softies ;)
 
Well, they’ve officially met eachother now!
Unfortunately I can’t get good photos as my filter for this tank has broken. But here’s the best I’ve gotten. The only bit of aggression I saw was the black being all moody about the top of the coral being his perch and the bottom being their perch.
image.jpg
 
I had 4 different ones in my 120, green, yellow, black, and a red/rusty/orange one. Mostly lps and softies no issues with corals other then them sitting on them from time to time. Dont know if id brave sps with them though, I know they lay their eggs on the bases of acro after stripping the base of flesh. They however got along well together.
 
I don't know much about that species, but clown gobies sure are cute. Again I don't know much about them aggression-wise, but keep a close eye on them. If we're talking risky fish than pray for me and my LPS dominant system when the margined coralfish goes in
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top