Salt salt salt.. what salt to use?

I use instant ocean reef crystals for my fowlr and has been great for me. Mixing well and is available even locally at petcos. If I ever ran out and needed to do an emergency water change I could go grab some from store rather than ordering online and waiting for shipment.
 
Regular old instant ocean is one of the most used and consistent salts on the market. It is what is almost exclusively used by public aquariums and research facilities. People will argue about trace elements and dirt and phosphate and ammonia and everything else under the Sun to justify their exotic salt.. Most of it is nonsense, some of it valid.

FWIW - Reef crystals is not as consistent as regular IO due to much smaller batches. Many (most) other brands have had their share of bad batches. personally. I think they are a waste of money, like pouring high end vodka in kool-aid instead of rail vodka and trying to tell people you can taste he difference.

Many of use use Instant ocean because it is cheap and time tested and we dose anyway.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top