Schuran Customs 90g tank with HUGE Algae reactor

I currently use Corian solid surface by DuPont to make furniture for aquariums. You could soak it in a swimming pool over night and not damage the bonds or material. But it is 35% acrylic and 65% mineral so it is a higher cost material. I also use PVC and Olefin structures like Designboard from Vycom to produce cabinets on a test and experiment basis at this time.

I love the aquarium and the cabinet as well as your use of automation. Just wondered why you selected EcoTech products versus a German company like Tunze and GHL?
 
I currently use Corian solid surface by DuPont to make furniture for aquariums. You could soak it in a swimming pool over night and not damage the bonds or material. But it is 35% acrylic and 65% mineral so it is a higher cost material. I also use PVC and Olefin structures like Designboard from Vycom to produce cabinets on a test and experiment basis at this time.

I love the aquarium and the cabinet as well as your use of automation. Just wondered why you selected EcoTech products versus a German company like Tunze and GHL?

Hmm, that's interesting! I LOVE Corian. Just ordered a custom built recycling station for the kitchen at work built 100% in Corian. Do you have any examples of a stand built in Corian?

Well, when it comes to equipment I think Ecotech and Apex is superior to Tunze and GHL when it comes to their implementation of user friendly interfaces and IoT. I do use a lot of Tunze products though, ATO, a streamer in the sump, used to have a Tunze skimmer etc. I still have a Tunze skimmer in my nano tank. But, for my return pump I use the pinnacle of German aquarium engineering :) Abyzz pumps are fantastic!
 
Have you ever used Klase Protein Skimmers? Not sure if they are still being made but I had several that I sold to various aquarium stores over the years and they were provided by a member of the Berlin Aquarium Society who lives in the United States. I loved the performance of the Klase and even used it on a 1600 gallon shark and ray tank I built for a customer. 60" tall and about 8" diameter as I remember. I would love to have them again as they were very efficient and durable.
 
Have you ever used Klase Protein Skimmers? Not sure if they are still being made but I had several that I sold to various aquarium stores over the years and they were provided by a member of the Berlin Aquarium Society who lives in the United States. I loved the performance of the Klase and even used it on a 1600 gallon shark and ray tank I built for a customer. 60" tall and about 8" diameter as I remember. I would love to have them again as they were very efficient and durable.

No, I have never used them. Maybe Lasse here at this forum has, he has been around doing this for a long while! This skimmer though is something of a dream for me: https://reefbuilders.com/2014/06/06...ation-creates-biggest-berlin-protein-skimmer/
 
I don't know, the price is listed as "ask for price". The pump is about 1600 dollars. So perhaps 3000 dollars in total? Perhaps even more :)
Jesusssss lol
 
I really love the Triton method. But I have started thinking about the refugium part. I know I run an algae reactor, but to me it equals a fuge since it's so big. I have rock solid KH/CA/MG and PH is always 8.2-8.3 day and night but, the reason for my thinking is the tanks fluctuating PO4 and NO3. I remembered the MACNA debate between Jake Adams and Julian Sprung. Jake is something of a hero to me and at 37:35 in the clip he says som really interesting things. I have always seen my fuge as a saftey net, just as the guy asking his question. But Jake says that it's just adding an extra layer of complexity.. so with some recent swings in nutrients I have started thinking..

 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top