Sharing Triton Results - marine pure user

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaveRaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Alright I'll be this guy, is it causing any problems? I use marine pure blocks or the balls in pretty much every system I have or care for. I even have a large block in my 48x13x13 experiential frag tank, and see zero issues and haven't seen anything detrimental. Frankly I don't give a rip if there's Al in the water as it just doesn't seem to cause problems, but that's just me..

Do you keep leather corals? They seem most sensitive to aluminum, historically.
 
That could be where my take on this would become false, with leather corals. I don't have a single leather, everything but them actually, so that may be something to experiment with. Pretty much everything else and haven't seen issues.
 
Would regular water changes deal with any hypothesized alumium leeching into the water column, or could absorbion into the rock annul that?
 
Would regular water changes deal with any hypothesized alumium leeching into the water column, or could absorbion into the rock annul that?

Historically, Phosguard (aluminum oxide) was known to sometimes cause issues with leathers. That is what prompted me years ago to test for released aluminum, and I found it. After battling with Seachem for years, it is now nice that so many others reproduce the results that these solids are not as inert as the manufacturers claim.

That said, there are likely many ways to help reduce it, including water changes and, as Triton suggests, GFO which may bind some aluminum.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top