SloppyJ's Extra Sloppy 93g Rimless Build

Thanks Duff. That's very true. I know when it's moved inside and set up, I'm going to look at it and feel great knowing I did all of the work. The stand took a lot more work than I thought. But I learned a lot and got to make it exactly how I wanted.
 
Long nose, I took this for you. I centered the light front to back and it's 10" off the water.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398785339.527477.jpg
 
Wow, this is looking great! Love the whole setup so far! :)
 
I have the exact same tank as you and I too am currently setting it up. The only thing I haven't bought yet is the light. How do you like the radion and does it light the tank fully. I have been debating this or a mh led combo. Whats your thoughts or better yet par numbers. I'd like to keep the clam that's in my other tank.
 
Thanks fishlee. As far as the light goes, so far I'm super impressed. I have it 10" off of the surface of the water. I have only tested it when I did a leak test and right now without water. I highly doubt you'd have a problem keeping a clam.

I went through the same debate. I almost got an 8 bulb ATI but I went radion instead. So far I'm super happy with the light.
 
Here's a more blue shot. I don't see any shadowing issues. It a lot brighter in person.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399244859.864341.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top