So, how many of you name your fish?

I rarely name my fish, but the GF loves to name them. Occasionally one with personality will come along and I'll give them a name.

Had a seahorse once named Findu (Finduilas).
 
have a pair of green chromis and a yellow tang in my tank. I call them yellow tang and green chromis
 
My kids and my wife named almost all my livestock
Karl-Chromis (son 10 year old)
Rick- Chromis (Son 13 year old)
Daryl- Chromis (Son 13 year old)
Nemo - Clown Fish (wife, 30 year old)
Charloette - Clown fish (wife, 30 year old)
Leo - Yellow head sleeper goby (Daughter 8 year old)
Dory - Tang (wife, 30 year old)
Eeore - Mandarin (ME!!)
Tigger - Flame angel (wife, 30 year old)
Ninja - Royal Gramma (Son 5 years old)
Bunny Foo Foo - Rabbitfish (son 5 years old)
 
Generally no, but I have named a handful of fish over the years. My wife does tend to name fish and mobile inverts, though. :wink:
 
I don't really name my fish, I just call them by what they are. It kinda irritates me when someone I don't like comes to my dad's house and names them. My dad's ex named my Niger trigger "cher" I hate that haha
u5eza2e8.jpg
 
The only fish I every had that was named was a Starry Blenny. Boy did he have a personality. My wife named him Jack Blenny.....for you young folk, after Jack Benny....look him up.


Unfortunately Jack decided to go into the carpet business, and so he is no longer with us.
 
Absolutely. My kids and I name them based on appearance or personality, or both:

Group of 7 yellowtail damsels - Minions (can't tell them apart to name them individually!)
Shrimp Goby - Adam
Yellow Tang - Eve (goby and yellow tang were our first two fish after the damsels, hence "Adam and Eve")
Longhorn Cowfish - Herbie (he just looks like Herbie for some reason)
Mombassa Dwarf Lion - Mufasa, or Luigi, depending on which of my kids you ask
Juvenile French Angel - Frankie
Flame Angel - Torchy (inspired by our favorite local taco joint Torchy's Tacos)
Juvenile Dragon Wrasse - Rocky (since these are also known as Rockmover Wrasses)
Naso Tang - Spike (due to his streak black mohawk of a dorsal fin and caudal spine)
Lawnmower Blenny - Lenny
Diamond Watchman Goby - Gus
Spiny Box Puffer - Gizmo (he could not look or act more like the Mogwai from Gremlins)
 
We name fish and a couple of inverts.

We have:
O. Clown - Nemo & Marlin
Hippo Tang - Dori
Dottyback - Dotty
3 Blue Chromis - Gibby, Lil Gibby 1, Lil Gibby 2
Yellow Tang - Bubbles
Green Mandarin - Manny
Rocking boring urchin - Bob
Long spine urchin - Cyclops
Cleaner shrimp and Fire shrimp - Earth and Fire - Wind is missing
Tomato clown - Tom
 
This list include fish from my old tank and my new biocube.

Yellow tang- Nelly (from little house on prairie

Clownfish- Hawaii

Mandarin dragonet- tattoos

Starfish- Mimi

Longnose Hawkfish- Diver

Six line wrasse- Elliot
 
Royal Gramma - Princess Bella
Matted Filefish - Mr. Smartypants
Bluelegged Hermit - Mr. Crusty
Bartlett's Anthias Pair - Shock and Wonder
Ocellaris Clown Pair - Christina and Nemo the Third
Scooter Dragonet - Echo

Green Spotted Puffer - Kirby
 
My 5 yr old son names them.

2 Clown Fish: clownies
Rainfordi Goby: rainbowie
Lawnmower Blenny: spotty
Peppermint Shrimp: shrimpy-shrimp
Yellow Line Goby: yellowie
Emerald Crab: crabbie
Fire Fish: heidi
Blue Neon Goby: goby
Yellow-Tail Damsel: dorie
Regal Damoiselle: damselie
 
I name all of my fish so when I refer to one of them I don't have to repeat words like melnuras, anthias, and blenny
 
All of my main critters have/had names
Nymeria- Female Clownfish.
Jon- Male clownfish.
George- Tribal Blenny.
Bessie- Tiger Cowrie Snail. *re-homed
Oy- Tiger Pistol Shrimp.
Walrus- Turbo Snail. *passed away*
Mr. Blue- Blue tuxedo Urchin. *passed away*
Zebra- Dwarf Zebra hermit.
Seymour- Pom Pom Crab.
Pokey- Male Gumdrop Coral Croucher.
Ming- Mandarin *passed away*
Max- Mandarin *passed away*
Walt and Skyler- Dragonface Pipefish
Cathy- Fiddler crab *passed away*
Roland- Randalls Goby
Bane- Sump crab *passed away*
Smaug- Cucumber
Ghost- Porcelain Crab
Viktor- Halloween Hermit
Sprinkles- Strawberry Crab
Mr. Magoo- Mandarin
Clementine- Cobberband Butterfly
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top