Tahoe's 30 JBJ rimless nano.

Thanks. I just added some stuff and cleaned it up so I 'll post some images when it clears.

I add the Nano Korallen -ZuchtZeovit products which includes Sponge Power, it supposedly targets filter feeders such as sponges and enhance sps growth. I have Pohls and the Amino Acid product( I use less often). I have routinely used the products for about 5 months, I like them.

The reason I use the products is to feed my corals and enhance certain colors. It's not a true zeovit system but I do get some nice pastel coloration. I feed pretty heavily now.
 
New Blue Berry Nasuta

Will be a Yellow Millepora


Some still have to be removed from plugs, it's getting there.



ORA Borealis.
Red Dragon
Pink Lemonade
Slimmer
Rosaria
Tenuis
SSC
Sarmentosa
Red Milleopora
Granulosa.
Spath.

:)
 
Last edited:
Thanks. I just added some stuff and cleaned it up so I 'll post some images when it clears.

I add the Nano Korallen -ZuchtZeovit products which includes Sponge Power, it supposedly targets filter feeders such as sponges and enhance sps growth. I have Pohls and the Amino Acid product( I use less often). I have routinely used the products for about 5 months, I like them.

The reason I use the products is to feed my corals and enhance certain colors. It's not a true zeovit system but I do get some nice pastel coloration. I feed pretty heavily now.
Do you ever get any cyano from the amino acid? I used acro power for 6 months and honestly seen no benefit from it except a little cyano. Your sps look great just wondering if amino make that much of a difference if you feed accordingly.
 
I do indeed get Cyano if I use Acroporapower or Brightwells Amino Acids. My tank, probably because of it's size, can not handle the recommended dosing. For this reason I use the Spongepower and Pohls daily, I would guess the SP has an amino acid component. One drop per day into 30 gallons of water and I do not see cyano. I like Acropower but I use it sparingly and I always see the tiniest tinge of cyano the next couple days. It's been my personal experience that Dino can get a hold if you over dose your tank with amino acids and that is a major PITA.
 
Wow! That is a super nice tank Tahoe! I'm hoping to make my first foray into Acros soon and I'm really hoping to learn fast and do as well as you!
 
Wow! That is a super nice tank Tahoe! I'm hoping to make my first foray into Acros soon and I'm really hoping to learn fast and do as well as you!

Thank you, that very nice of you to say. :)

My tank is now 2 months old. I transferred to the 30 gallon on August 11th.

I obviously have an Acropora problem.

AI has manufactured a parallel bar to mount the fixture on their rails, I should get that tomorrow. I think it will help with shadowing, right now it's not a big deal but in a couple months it may be.

Fish include a Fox/Rabbit, Pink Skunk Clown, Bali Percula Clown, Yellow Tail Damsel, Domino Damsel/Darth in the back sump portion.
Inverts include, 4 Peppermint Shrimp that have so far behaved, one large Fire Shrimp. Three Maxi-mini anemones, one Crocea clam, a hermit and 4 snails, an an Acropora Crab (he is cool)





Corals
Red Goniopora
Duncan
Rasta
Sunny D
A mix of zoanthids
Jedi
Montipora spondages
Setosa
Red Digitata
Danea
Stylophora

Acropora
Red Dragon
SSC
Ant Insignis
Green Planet
Sarmentosa
Pink Lemonade
Mint Nasuta
Blueberry Nasuta
Pink Tenius
Sunset/Gold Milleopora
Yellow Milleopora
Pink Granulosa
Rosaria
Stuber
Two colors of Acropora spathulata
Large type of stag, no idea
Tortousa.
Borealis
Slimmer
A. Florida



I try to run

Alk: 8-9
Calcium 430-450
Mag 1400-1500
Sg 1.025

I have not tested N/P since I made the transfer.

Kalk daily, Parts A/B daily, Sponge Power, Pohls.

Thanks for looking. :)
 
Last edited:

If you know what it is, that would be great. Rescue acropora, or as I call it ugly when it was a brown nub.

 
I'm sure it's posted in there somewhere but what and where is that light stand from?
 
Some pieces I have had for a while that are starting to take off.

Stuber (oldest known aquacultured acropora)

Rosaria. (looks similar to a Granulosa)

Goniopora(Ora).

It's supposed to be a Tenuis. I know I post a lot of images of it, but it is beautiful, great coloration with a hint of blue on the edge of the coraillite. Wicked PE as well, hard not to love this piece.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top