The Ecotech pump clones have arrived in Ali Express !!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Virus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I recieved a DMP40 today. And I'm glad because it's hard to wade through what's factual and what's bias.

I compared it to the MP40 and approached it from an engineering perspective. Definitely not all inclusive but I've answered a lot of my questions and concerns.

 
I recieved a DMP40 today. And I'm glad because it's hard to wade through what's factual and what's bias.

I compared it to the MP40 and approached it from an engineering perspective. Definitely not all inclusive but I've answered a lot of my questions and concerns.

Where did you order from because many of us got us plugs
 
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that random mode can only be used at 100%? It’s way too much flow in my tank so I have to use classic, sine, or constant mode to adjust the intensity. Not a deal breaker, but can’t figure out why random flow wouldn’t be adjustable.

Also, when I first installed and turned mine on I liked the default setting flow. Each of the two would run for a couple of seconds then stop, then run again. Does anyone know how I can get them to do that again? I’ve tried adjusting in Sine, classic and constant but can’t replicate the on and off of the pumps.
 
Last edited:
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that random mode can only be used at 100%? It’s way too much flow in my tank so I have to use classic, sine, or constant mode to adjust the intensity. Not a deal breaker, but can’t figure out why random flow wouldn’t be adjustable.

Also, when I first installed and turned mine on I liked the default setting flow. Each of the two would run for a couple of seconds then stop, then run again. Does anyone know how I can get them to do that again? I’ve tried adjusting in Sine, classic and constant but can’t replicate the on and off of the pumps.
I have jebao "gyre".

Classic / cross flow.
1000005330.jpg
 
Great article. Very accurate
Can you elaborate on whats accurate?

To me it was an article designed to persuade a frame of mind. Hence the reason why I wanted to get my own so that I can come to my own conclusion without the nudge of others to make up my mind for me.

Although, the biggest question is longevity. If you've been in the hobby long enough to see the vortech (VT) come out, you'd remember the issues that had to be solved to arrive at what the vortech is today.

Although some concerns from the previous versions of the VT seem to be addressed simply by copying the current iteration, others are still a big question mark.

I went another step and pulled the 3 phase BLDC motor out and it appears to diverge from the current ecotech offering. Which leads me to speculate that the 20+ years of motor iteration might not have been so easy to copy.

If these dmp's haven't been rigorously tested for the last 12 months, I'd be curious the longevity of the motor.

I'm not saying that the motor is a negative, and the price point had to lend itself to off the shelf components (I haven't even addressed the IC component choices made in the PCB design which also reinforces how they achieved the price point) but it will be an interesting next 18 months for the early adopters.
 
Can you elaborate on whats accurate?

To me it was an article designed to persuade a frame of mind. Hence the reason why I wanted to get my own so that I can come to my own conclusion without the nudge of others to make up my mind for me.

Although, the biggest question is longevity. If you've been in the hobby long enough to see the vortech (VT) come out, you'd remember the issues that had to be solved to arrive at what the vortech is today.

Although some concerns from the previous versions of the VT seem to be addressed simply by copying the current iteration, others are still a big question mark.

I went another step and pulled the 3 phase BLDC motor out and it appears to diverge from the current ecotech offering. Which leads me to speculate that the 20+ years of motor iteration might not have been so easy to copy.

If these dmp's haven't been rigorously tested for the last 12 months, I'd be curious the longevity of the motor.

I'm not saying that the motor is a negative, and the price point had to lend itself to off the shelf components (I haven't even addressed the IC component choices made in the PCB design which also reinforces how they achieved the price point) but it will be an interesting next 18 months for the early adopters.
I thought the article described my experience with the pump accurately. The noise, ease, performance. As far as reliability and longevity, time will tell.
 
I recieved a DMP40 today. And I'm glad because it's hard to wade through what's factual and what's bias.

I compared it to the MP40 and approached it from an engineering perspective. Definitely not all inclusive but I've answered a lot of my questions and concerns.

Awesome ! Thank you been wondering about these. Thanks for the detailed review. I like the fact that they disconnect from the driver, one thing that annoys me about MP . I haven't read though this whole thread has anyone tried using the wet side of these with a MP ?
 
Can you elaborate on whats accurate?

To me it was an article designed to persuade a frame of mind. Hence the reason why I wanted to get my own so that I can come to my own conclusion without the nudge of others to make up my mind for me.

Although, the biggest question is longevity. If you've been in the hobby long enough to see the vortech (VT) come out, you'd remember the issues that had to be solved to arrive at what the vortech is today.

Although some concerns from the previous versions of the VT seem to be addressed simply by copying the current iteration, others are still a big question mark.

I went another step and pulled the 3 phase BLDC motor out and it appears to diverge from the current ecotech offering. Which leads me to speculate that the 20+ years of motor iteration might not have been so easy to copy.

If these dmp's haven't been rigorously tested for the last 12 months, I'd be curious the longevity of the motor.

I'm not saying that the motor is a negative, and the price point had to lend itself to off the shelf components (I haven't even addressed the IC component choices made in the PCB design which also reinforces how they achieved the price point) but it will be an interesting next 18 months for the early adopters.
I think like the Article states , initial review is spot on, I did find mine slighty noisier but attribute it to my thin glass , but in terms of longevity I guess we won’t know, but in my perspective if I need to replace 2 units over the next 5+ years it still more economical than making a single large purchase , by then hopefully something better will come out. But hopefully with Jecod releasing these we finally see the MP come down in price.
 
I think like the Article states , initial review is spot on, I did find mine slighty noisier but attribute it to my thin glass , but in terms of longevity I guess we won’t know, but in my perspective if I need to replace 2 units over the next 5+ years it still more economical than making a single large purchase , by then hopefully something better will come out. But hopefully with Jecod releasing these we finally see the MP come down in price.
That would be nice or at least cut the price in half of there wet sides would be nice.
 
I think like the Article states , initial review is spot on, I did find mine slighty noisier but attribute it to my thin glass , but in terms of longevity I guess we won’t know, but in my perspective if I need to replace 2 units over the next 5+ years it still more economical than making a single large purchase , by then hopefully something better will come out. But hopefully with Jecod releasing these we finally see the MP come down in price.

I wouldn’t mind paying the current price for the MPs. What I do mind is the 1 year limited warranty. Can anyone explain to me why Ecotech offers a single year and not 2+ years?
 
I love how I’m getting their emails now with even lower prices until I click on the link and it brings it back up to the regular price

IMG_6808.jpeg
 
My DMP-40 arrived. Less noisy than my Pulse 4 and my Gyre
 
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that random mode can only be used at 100%? It’s way too much flow in my tank so I have to use classic, sine, or constant mode to adjust the intensity. Not a deal breaker, but can’t figure out why random flow wouldn’t be adjustable.

I'm not bothered as I do not use these nor intend to (using other products) but I do agree it is silly. My guess is maybe this version is to get the product out and read what people say then the next version address flow patterns. Power / intensity should be user controlled across all patterns.
 
I think like the Article states , initial review is spot on, I did find mine slighty noisier but attribute it to my thin glass , but in terms of longevity I guess we won’t know, but in my perspective if I need to replace 2 units over the next 5+ years it still more economical than making a single large purchase , by then hopefully something better will come out. But hopefully with Jecod releasing these we finally see the MP come down in price.

Too much float or what appears to be. In my system my strombus snails (Strombus maculatus) would lay eggs on the wet side and the babies would find their way under the plastic causing wear and tear. I can also see mini stars doing the same. They already do this with my current setup be it gyre or other power head.

As far as MP coming down in price - I wouldn't expect that but of course this is just my opinion.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top