The Ecotech pump clones have arrived in Ali Express !!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Virus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Virus

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
31
Location
Quebec
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ecotech pump clones have arrived
Ali Express

Capture d’écran 2024-09-22 102606.png
 
God, can’t see without binoculars
What are they?
 
Dmp-10 1500-5000 LPH
dmp-20 2700-9000 LPH
Dmp-30 4500-15,000 LPH
Dmp40 6000-20,000 LPH
I can’t use them anyway cos I got a corner tank flush with the walls but for my next build …. Yes I’d certainly try them
 
@BeanAnimal
 
I’ve read that there patent is up, so they have all right to clone products.
The patents are nowhere near being "up" from what I can see and new variations appear to be meticulously applied for (new novel upgrades?). In the cases of the originals, through 2026 with new ones expiring 15 or so years form now. They appear to have numerous patents to cover this from many angles even if the "original" claims fall out of patent protection.

Like I said, I am not a huge Ecotech fan, but this appears to be infringement any way you slice it. Maybe a particular patent expired or there is a loophole, or (as is the case most of the time) just outright "sue us if you want, but we are in China".

Edit: I typed 2027 and 2029, but these are 20 year Patents... so 2037 and 2039 for some and I think the original art 2006 for these, so that the min, 2026....
 
Last edited:
These are gambles based on ability to obtain parts when needed, useful life and type of materials used for construction
 
Not a huge Ecotech fan, but aren't these still patent protected?

I believe so, yes. I'm not the holder obviously, but recall reading somewhere until 2026. Another source said it was later extended but these are both anecdotal as in I don't have a hard reference. Sorry.

Does aperture have access to legal to stop if so is the question. Maybe the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

IP theft and undercutting really is not good for any of us.

It isn't. The other thing that is a bit concerning is that some are perfectly ok with it only because it lowers the entry price point. Some may argue it is innovation or that the original company should be innovating more.
 
Not a huge Ecotech fan, but aren't these still patent protected? IP theft and undercutting really is not good for any of us.

China doesn’t care about patent infringement or IP theft.

Jecod’s original pump was a complete Tunze copy. They went under a different name back then.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top