The Simplicity Skim and Dose Giveaway!

Entry 1: I'll be real cliche and say that I like the simplicity of the skimmer. No fancy bells and whistles, confusing gadgets and fragile parts to break. Simple skimmer design, small footprint (huge plus!), and I like the DC pumps. I prefer using DC pumps in any application I can. The price tag is also very economical. This hobby has a tendency to get ridiculous on pricing at times.
 
Entry 2: I have always ran a dosing setup, as opposed to a reactor, regardless of tank size. I just prefer dosing. I like that this setup is all one piece. The optional float switches are a nice touch too, and at $20.95 its not an expensive add-on. I've seen other dosing setups charge an arm and a leg for float switches, which i never understood since I can get one on amazon or eBay for like $3-4 a piece. Also, the lids look large enough to actually get a hand in there. I purchases some small individual dosing containers from Amazon, which work perfectly fine and have the float switch capability, however the opening is so small I'd need a child sized hand to get in there and install a switch! Devils in the details and it looks like Simplicity thought about these things.
 
Looks extremely durable. Pump inside the body makes me wonder what else I could fit in the sump! Lol dosing container looks sweet as I’m almost ready to look into them. Tradition clear and black coloration is also appealing to me. Great give away!! Good luck peoples!!!
 
The price point for the sizes are very reasonable. I like the relatively small footprint that such a beefy skimmer has. Very nice.
 
Entry #1. I love the fact that the skimmers are controllable which can allow them to be dialed in to the reefers needs.
 
Entry 1: great simple and dependable design. I like that you can control the amount of flow and also th ability to control ththe feed times. DC is the future I hope!
 
Entry 2: I currently run diy dosering containers and I like the clean look with proven functionaility. Great prices for the containers.
 
  • The Simplicity Skim
    • OMG its sooo much quieter than the one i got ><, its not listed on site but seen some videos and yah... but quiter
 
  • Dose Container
  • honestly, would like more literature about it as im new and not 100% sure on these pro addons
 
done and mhhhhh... quieter skimmer...
 
That skimmer would follow me as I go from 90 gallons so the way to the limit
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top