The "What Don't You Like About My Tank" Thread

One thing I would always recomend to people is not build your rocks up to within 8"-10" within the surface if keeping acros. Staghorns are stunning, but not when they can only only grow 4-5" and then you have to cut them back.

Awesome tanks everyone :)
 
**** aaron you were busy over break huh ahhaa
Its Mark by the way :) that digi exploded!!!

Haaa whatsup mark! Hows everything? Yeah the digis are like weeds now pretty much. Your green cap is monstrous that I got from you lol. Also check out the rbta on the right side. Remember I got that from the store when it was the size of a nickel:P And after I gave your that bud, it split again!

Marko, I am experiencing that now with some of my stags lol good advice
 
Here is what I mean


Emma2nd017.jpg


CopyofTOTMBB-20002.jpg



Just my $.02...
 
This my 90g that will be torn down in a couple of week to upgrade so i would like to know what you guys don't like so i don't do the same in the 180.

6.jpg
 
One thing I would always recomend to people is not build your rocks up to within 8"-10" within the surface if keeping acros. Staghorns are stunning, but not when they can only only grow 4-5" and then you have to cut them back.

Awesome tanks everyone :)


I agree completely!

Here's a shot of mine, I have some major issues with it, I'm planning on doing some thinning, and re-aquascaping this summer... maybe a tank breakdown, not sure.. somethings gotta be done....

Nov-Dec 09
120g11-12-09.jpg


and from last week (glass not scraped, a little grubby)
120g1-10-10.jpg
 
I would love to hear what you guys say about mine... I have taken the PVC out.

1/1/10
IMG_4163-vi.jpg


-Dave
 
I would love to hear what you guys say about mine... I have taken the PVC out.

1/1/10
IMG_4163-vi.jpg


-Dave

I really like the simplicity of your aquascape. Just nit-picking, fill in the sand on the left side and take the frags off of the sandbed. Also if it was me I would put the clam on the sand and fill in some sps up there, but it looks like a great start!
 
My criticism = make some frags

I agree completely!

Here's a shot of mine, I have some major issues with it, I'm planning on doing some thinning, and re-aquascaping this summer... maybe a tank breakdown, not sure.. somethings gotta be done....

Nov-Dec 09
120g11-12-09.jpg


and from last week (glass not scraped, a little grubby)
120g1-10-10.jpg
 
Aaron,

Thanks! I need to add some more sand in the bare spots.

The clam started out around ~2" and now is around 5"! A move is needed ;)

-Dave

I really like the simplicity of your aquascape. Just nit-picking, fill in the sand on the left side and take the frags off of the sandbed. Also if it was me I would put the clam on the sand and fill in some sps up there, but it looks like a great start!
 
My criticism = make some frags

Surprisingly I make alot of frags,,, That's my next plan, to expand a frag tank...

One thing I noticed with alot of tanks, including mine, is LPS frags sorta littered on the sandbed, I myself am planning on cleaning that up, and setting up an LPS dominated tank... well that and the sps above is totally blocking the light...

Always plan ahead!!
 
you guys post pics of your tank for criticism and I'm just blown away at how beautiful all these tanks are. I hope someday to get a tank looking at least half as good as these tanks do.
2FarNorth and marko9 how old are those tanks?
 
Criticize me dang it.....

hide that magnet cleaner a bit better, maybe add a few diff color corals like red to brake up the coloring in spots and maybe try hiding the powerheads...maybe move them to the top somehow so the wires are not in the main view?

just my .02:bigsmile:
 
Straight on
IMG_1079.jpg


Left side
IMG_1077.jpg


Right side
IMG_1080.jpg

The rockwork could be a little taller and +1 on hiding the wires better. Also how big of a tank is that? Isn't it too small for a purple tang? Oh and that leather. I'm sorry, I just hate leathers. lol.
Other than that, looks really good!
 
Okay guys, Im game rip me apart! My tank pics are in my signature!

Oops, maybe not! Give me a sec!
 
you guys post pics of your tank for criticism and I'm just blown away at how beautiful all these tanks are. I hope someday to get a tank looking at least half as good as these tanks do.
2FarNorth and marko9 how old are those tanks?

Mine will be 3 years in a couple months... started with base rock in June. 2007 all corals started as small frags, no colonies.....
 
I personally like black background better than blue, it just makes things pop a bit more....and while black may not be completely natural, neither is the Petsmart blue background.
 
I agree completely!

Here's a shot of mine, I have some major issues with it, I'm planning on doing some thinning, and re-aquascaping this summer... maybe a tank breakdown, not sure.. somethings gotta be done....

Nov-Dec 09
120g11-12-09.jpg


and from last week (glass not scraped, a little grubby)
120g1-10-10.jpg

Corals look brown to me.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top