Thinking of Going T5, Have Some Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Great thread , in my experiance my preference is t5. Changed since August back to t5 from LED and run 2 x 8 bulb 48" ati fittings and my sps have improved dramatically. I like that my sps branches are growing closer together looks fuller somehow. I have improved coloration and growth on lower branches were shadowing was present from led. The negative is t5 don't have 30" penetration ,.. Can't grow mush on the bottom of my tank, no option for lps, zoa as I have large Angels, been trying to collect shrooms in recent months but still looks kinda bare on the bottom...
 
Need a little help
Getting a 6x24 tomorrow and would like to get the 10k-14k look. I loved my 250w mh with vhos’ and would like to duplicate that spectrum. Any ideas on which bulbs?
Please include 1 actinic Bulb in the configuration :)
Thx Chris
 
Need a little help
Getting a 6x24 tomorrow and would like to get the 10k-14k look. I loved my 250w mh with vhos’ and would like to duplicate that spectrum. Any ideas on which bulbs?
Please include 1 actinic Bulb in the configuration :)
Thx Chris

What brand / color halide?

For a 10-14K look I would do:
3x Blue Plus
1x True Actinic
1x Coral Plus
1x Purple Plus
2x Aqua Blue Special
 
I ran 2 xm 10k 250 with 2 super actinic vhos

I would still recommend starting with my previous recommendation, however it will likely be different and you may want to buy an extra Blue Plus and Aqua Blue Special so you can tweak your color.
 
I would still recommend starting with my previous recommendation, however it will likely be different and you may want to buy an extra Blue Plus and Aqua Blue Special so you can tweak your color.
One issue with your recommendation, I only have 6 bulbs not 8 :D
 
Cool thank you
The fixture I bought has bulbs in it and I don’t mind the color too much , I just switched from LED’s. 3 b+,2 c+,1p+
I’ll be buying some new bulbs soon and can mix n match a bit
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top