This is a real emergency please help with raccoon!!

Could he do better in a fish breeder in the main tank
 
He isn't doing anything with the pea. He is laying down and the pea is literally right in front of his nose and he isn't doing anything
 
I have looked around in the past for metroplex and no place around me has it and I live in Tampa there r like 10 fish stores here and no one has itb
 
Right now I have parashield in the tank as treatment it's just what I have for medicine
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think the listless swimming is probably related to the fish dying vs a swim bladder issue. I'd recently red something regarding a dark spot on CBBs being linked to an internal injury; is that common amongst other butterfly fish?
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
While I appreciate this and will order it if he isn't eating what can I do about that
The Metroplex and Kanaplex can be dosed directly into the water. I would try and provide them with both methods.
 
I think the listless swimming is probably related to the fish dying vs a swim bladder issue. I'd recently red something regarding a dark spot on CBBs being linked to an internal injury; is that common amongst other butterfly fish?
What was the cause of the internal injury
 
The Metroplex and Kanaplex can be dosed directly into the water. I would try and provide them with both methods.
How fast does stuff like that take to start working
 
How fast does stuff like that take to start working
It doesn't work as fast as we would like it to. I've never seen any improvement within the first 24 hours for any infection I've dealt with. I can't give you an exact time because it will vary with the fish and the type of bacterial infection you may be dealing with. Improvement in the 3 to 4 day range is pretty common. If they don't show improvement by day 6 my experience is that they are not likely to survive.

As an FYI, Fish heal very quickly. The danger is almost always with an infection and not the original injury. The quicker we can get antibiotics into the water the better imo. I keep these medications on the shelf at my house along with a few other common ones so I can start medicating immediately.
 
It doesn't work as fast as we would like it to. I've never seen any improvement within the first 24 hours for any infection I've dealt with. I can't give you an exact time because it will vary with the fish and the type of bacterial infection you may be dealing with. Improvement in the 3 to 4 day range is pretty common. If they don't show improvement by day 6 my experience is that they are not likely to survive.

As an FYI, Fish heal very quickly. The danger is almost always with an infection and not the original injury. The quicker we can get antibiotics into the water the better imo. I keep these medications on the shelf at my house along with a few other common ones so I can start medicating immediately.
Well I hate to say it but I am thinking there isn't much hope because if he does survive for 2 to 3 days the medication won't start working for another 3-4 days
 
I am gonna order the medication though because sounds like it's good
 
Well I hate to say it but I am thinking there isn't much hope because if he does survive for 2 to 3 days the medication won't start working for another 3-4 days
I've seen fish hang on for weeks without being treated. I was only saying that if the medication doesn't start to work after 6 days that further improvement is unlikely.

If you can get and keep him eating, there is always a chance.
 
@Brew12 that's a lot of ribbons, impressive.

@Caleb Broberg on topic though, about the pea's, I've read similair things about pea's helping, however they need to be slightly heated up & the pea has to be skinned, so that it's soft enough.
 
@Brew12 that's a lot of ribbons, impressive.

@Caleb Broberg on topic though, about the pea's, I've read similair things about pea's helping, however they need to be slightly heated up & the pea has to be skinned, so that it's soft enough.
Yes I did heat it
 
@Brew12 that's a lot of ribbons, impressive.
Thanks, but don't read to much into that. It means I'm active, nothing else. There is little correlation between the number of banners and reefing knowledge. Some of our most knowledgeable and experienced members don't have a single banner.
 
He died about an hour ago thanks for all your help. Is whatever it was he had contagious?? I have had a number of other fish die the same way in the past should I QT all fish?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top