Wet floor. Left ATO valve on overnight.
Letting my salinity get to 1.035 due to a faulty hydrometer.
Letting my salinity get to 1.035 due to a faulty hydrometer.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I've come close to doing this a few times, except mine is in my bathroom downstairs in a cabinet haha.Flooding the laundry room where my RODI unit is setup... I've lost count how many times now. Wife just laughs at me now.![]()
I guess it was better than you drinking the dosing.My most boneheaded moment was during my first year in reefing (I had lots of boneheaded moments that year...I still have them...but thankfully, they are fewer and farther between). I was dosing something (can't remember what) by hand, and I was also drinking a starbucks coffee. I got distracted in conversation and dosed my latte into the tank instead of what I meant to dose.
No ill effects thankfully, but my fish were wide-eyed, swimming faster, and seemed a bit jittery for a few hours.![]()
![]()
Walking away from a running RODI unitWhat was your most memorable reefkeeping "oops" moment? Share your story here!


