Trevor's 240 Aquarium-SPS Dominant

Do you still have the vectra return pump? Trying to choose one for a similar sized tank, but reading some disappointing reviews.
 
Do you still have the vectra return pump? Trying to choose one for a similar sized tank, but reading some disappointing reviews.
Yes. Knock on wood it’s still running strong. I love how it starts off slow upon startup.
 
Growing strong

RRA Wolverine 04-16-2019.jpg
 
I bought a Reefers Direct Candlelight acro at RAP Orlando. Half the frag broke when I cut it from the plug. Only the bottom half survived but I am happy it did.

RD Candle light Acro 04-16-2019.jpg
 
Hard for me to capture the green in the Ding Dang Millepora because it's so bright.

Ding Dang Mille 04-16-2019.jpg
 
I added an SB Reef Bar last week. I must say, the corals are glowing more than ever. I can really tell that the added blue PAR is feeding them. It's really bright when on by itself so I prefer looking at the tank with the 2 T5 and SB Bar together which gives a nice blend and pop.

I have been lowering my PO4 levels down to 0.02 with water changes using Tropic Marin salt and then added about 2 TBS of Phosguard in the sump filter sock. The corals growth rate seems to have increased from this but I assume its the combo of more blue light and lower PO4 levels. I have since removed the Phosguard as to not strip the tank too clean.
 
For my personal log. I changed 6 of my 8 bulbs today which are 4 blue plus, 1 coral plus and 1 purple plus. I reduced the hours to 5 with all 8 on and 10 with only two blue plus.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top