Trying to raise Dendronephthya and Scleronephthya part1

Nice. That’s pretty far but doable for me.
Looks like Scleronephtya sp is easier to find than Dendronephtya right now at the wholesaler. I haven't done any research on Scleronephtya yet. Do you know if they are like Dendronephtya when it comes to food, flow, easier/harder etc? Not sure if we will order those yet, still hoping to find Dendros.. :)

/ David


Easier, only thing I don't like are the ones that have no polyps on its end. Some have, some don't.feed same as dendronephthya. MHO
HERE'S MY NEW FISH ROOM/SAUNA, SWEDISH STYLE. LOL

Screenshot_2018-05-31-00-15-27-1.png
 
Last edited:
I'm ready to order, 20+, total apprx, $1200-$1500. CITIES PERMIT, ETC.,.
Wow, are you going thrive the wholesaler to get that price?
 
I'm ready to order, 20+, total apprx, $1200-$1500. CITIES PERMIT, ETC.,.

That's pretty expensive for import. And I'm just going to say it as honest and blunt as possible, hopefully I don't offend, but I don't think you're ready for that yet. I think you have some more refining to do to have actual success with fewer colonies before attempting so many at once.
 
Calling all doctors, is there a doctor in the house? Calling Dr. Sallstrom. We need your help.
Can you please id this gorgonian. Sorry not the best picture. Just got it.

20180605_143824.jpg
 
That's actually quite expensive for transship pricing.
Really? It's so much to import birds. For a good sized specimen $75/coral including international shipping and pretty good.
 
That's pretty expensive for import. And I'm just going to say it as honest and blunt as possible, hopefully I don't offend, but I don't think you're ready for that yet. I think you have some more refining to do to have actual success with fewer colonies before attempting so many at once.
I agree, the problem I'm having with most LFS, is either they can't/won't order(I can't read minds), or its trash what they do have or get. But I did put a small order in today,my lfs. So yes, will need to wait. I really don't have the tanks setup yet. I now have 400sqft. Dedicated to them. Setting things up as we speak. But I do agree with you. No offense. Maybe one day I'll be able to send you a baby dendronephthya. We can only wish. LOL
 
Really? It's so much to import birds. For a good sized specimen $75/coral including international shipping and pretty good.

Rispa, I have a client who raises only cockatoo, since 1957, family been doing it. They use too import parrots, to expensive & doa issues.
 
Last edited:
Rispa, I have a client who raises only cockatoo, since 1957, family been doing it. They use to import parrots, to expensive & doa issues.
Yeah, birds are a heck of a lot more expensive to import.
 
Y
That's actually quite expensive for transship pricing.


Yup, their part of Ornamental Fish International. All of them like a cartel. Tonga, Fiji, etc..
Like here we have plumbing, air conditioning associations(phcc), unions. So prices are very close.
 
@Jomama have you considered ordering from liveaquaria?
 
Petco bought them, you know Petco, "Petco where your pets go to die." Never.
Actually I didn't. That's really sad.

Is diver's den any good now?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top