Trying to raise Dendronephthya and Scleronephthya part1

Any ideas on Rotifers for Dendronepthya? Have anyone tried? Or have you seen any articles investigating the gut content? Any other zooplanktons? My guess is that it's too big, but now I can't find where I read about it..
We have both frozen and live rotifers, but I don't want to use it if they won't eat it :)

The Synechoccocus will come today or tomorrow and the Dendros will come next week. Will try to get some old dosingpumps working again for autofeeding. Not sure exactly how I will do with the Cyanobacteria, maybe keep them in the fridge, and just add daily to a container (not in the fridge) with airbubbles which will be used up during 24 hours. Dosed by dosingpump. Goal is to have a stable concentration in the tank anyway.

The EasyBooster is great, it's in a 1500ml package and ready to connect directly to a dosing pump. Works like a box of wine. Doesn't need to be in the fridge. Great stuff! :)

Hope everything worked out after yesterdays feeding incident.

/ David


Sallstrom, look what I found in my lab(aka garage), oldie but goodie.

20180527_070328.jpg
 
Nice! If you are starting up from scratch now maybe it's a good idea just to focus on just Dendronephtya corals ?
And also not too many. Fewer corals and they'll need less food which makes taking care of the water quality easier.
And you could focus on finding the rights food and flow for Dendros.

Just some ideas. Looking forward to you new adventures! :)

/ David
 
Last edited:
Just setup algae doser with stirrer.3000ml beaker

Stirrer
Doser
Timer

Algae reciepe, Shellfish diet, Paracoccus bacteria, chlorella algae(raw powder), nannocloropsis algae(liquid) it's in SD a little extra , Spiralina (raw powder). Roti-feast.

20180527_160024-1.jpg


20180527_160028.jpg


20180527_160050-1.jpg
 
Last edited:
This is brilliant. I look forward to seeing how they like it in the long term.
LOL, I hope they can get feed more evenly, it's for dendronephthya. We'll see soon. Getting things ready. I'm running it to get the bugs out. So far so good. Thanks.
 
Our little secret. For my next experiment, I'm setting this up. Cycling for now. Making my famous coral carousel for it . I do document most everything. The white bucket has mangrove mud and layer of coral sand. For bacteria. It has denitrator, that's all ready working . This tank was used for cycling denitrators , that I use from time to time as emergency back up. Bring down nitrates.

Call me Dr. Dendronephthyastein. One day I will say, "it's alive,its a live!!!!"

20180527_064916.jpg


20180527_064920.jpg


20180527_064928.jpg


20180527_064933.jpg

Adding 1/3 hp chiller. $40 from offer up.
Don't forget my KISS REEF SYSTEM

Screenshot_2018-05-30-20-13-54-1.png
 
When I spilled coral food it really effected most Corals. This one's coming back to life. Thanks to the model 2018T Coral Carousel(patent pending) LOL.
Proofs in the pudding.

20180530_221800.jpg


20180530_221807.jpg


20180530_221815.jpg
Ooh pretty. Glad it's making a come back.
 
Hey since you seem to be good at putting things together I've got an idea for you to try in the future. Fill a syringe with live food and have it set to a timer to squirt out onto these corals. I'm envisioning a screw attached to the syringe and every so many minutes several turns are made causing the screw to push the plunger into the syringe in a little squirt.
 
Great idea. I have a thread for a syringe using aquarium air pump. When I did thread it was food for thought . Problem was sometimes it work sometimes it didn't. Then I used a small air brush pump. It worked better but still not right, I like the screw idea. The motor for carousel would work with screw. Now your making me think. Thanks

Check it out, has short video
"LPS,SPS,NPS Coral feeding syringe"
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top