Aquarium specialty just advised they could help, but as an additional resourceI didn't find a spare one.
PSK SDC - PROTEIN SKIMMER PUMPS - Products
scroll down to Spare Parts tab, and there is one for controller.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Aquarium specialty just advised they could help, but as an additional resourceI didn't find a spare one.
You could go with the UKB-120 or the UKS-160. Don't get the 180 but I thought I answered that in an earlier PM.Which size(s) of the Ultra Reef Skimmers will be appropriate for my Red Sea Reefer 250 (65 total gallons)? I'm looking at the UKS 120, 160 and 180 as options. The front section of my sump area is 10"x13"x 25.5" tall. Also, will it function fine without the controller option?
Exactly. The 200DC will take care of you tank just fine. We have one of these on a 300 gallon farm tank. We have a lot of tangs and other fish in the tank with a bunch of the corals. The tank is 8' x 4' and it has a large sump with the UKS-200 keeping up just fine. Maybe I should post a video clip?the standard AC UKS 200 would work for just over 700, then there's the DC version below (just over 900) which can handle more volume since you can run it wider open and adjust the pump. lastly the typhoon series which are over a grand. you'll need more sump room for the typhoon.
![]()
Is there much of a difference?By the way, the AC models are all going away. We only have the UKS-180 AC model left in inventory and it's on sale until they are gone. All Ultra Reef skimmers will be DC for the foreseeable future.
Is there much of a difference?
They have a solid warranty if you have any issues and we stock parts for Ultra Reef and if we are every out of stock on a critical component then we air ship them in from Italy.I think you trade quiet for long term reliability. AC Sicce pumps are bulletproof. Thus far my DC unit has been but there are more points of failure.
I've owned several DC skimmers and return pumps but never the Sicce SDC. I've read of some issues (mostly controllers) but not a ton. As stated, they have a nice warranty but unless you have a back up, if you have an issue it's always a PIA having to send something back for repair. their AC pumps are solid and i've never had an issue with mine. very quiet too. Only thing i wish ultrareef would have done is to design a bit larger needle wheel on the Akulas. the pump volute and body could handle it.Is there much of a difference?
We don't play the repair game with Ultra Reef. We send a new part and you send us the old one back if it's under warranty.I've owned several DC skimmers and return pumps but never the Sicce SDC. I've read of some issues (mostly controllers) but not a ton. As stated, they have a nice warranty but unless you have a back up, if you have an issue it's always a PIA having to send something back for repair. their AC pumps are solid and i've never had an issue with mine. very quiet too. Only thing i wish ultrareef would have done is to design a bit larger needle wheel on the Akulas. the pump volute and body could handle it.
I love my ultra reef skimmer--my only constructive feedback on them:Any ideas for which model and size I should go with for a 200 gallon total tank?
@AquariumSpecialty can you please assist and let me know if you have any in stockIs there much of a difference between the DC and regular model?
See above responses to your question last week.@AquariumSpecialty can you please assist and let me know if you have any in stock
I saw it thanks so much been a long week. I have the dc siccee pump in my Red Sea skimmer seems to be ok.See above responses to your question last week.
Call or email Aquarium Specialty they will get you an answer much sooner than forum posts.
Just not sure the difference in performance and if it’s quieter.I saw it thanks so much been a long week. I have the dc siccee pump in my Red Sea skimmer seems to be ok.

