Upgrade: Sold my MP40's for Tunze 6095

Thanks Matt, that's a good summary. :) All of our controllable pumps do run on DC and all of them can be powered by battery. The Safety Connector is the best way to set them up for battery backup, as it has both a fuse for protecting the pump and also the relay which automatically switches to battery when it senses a power outage.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I hadn't even considered that. Huge point for Tunze.
 
Vortechs are like pc's they work till a component breaks down and you either replace it or send it in for repair. While tunze is like a mac and very rarely breaks down


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally. Will never buy another Vortech. Mine failed just after the one year warranty, and I've read too many other similar reports. Stoked I didnt pull the trigger on the mp60! Love my Tunzes and the 2 year warranty is huge
 
So your saying that all Tunze's are better or that the new ones are? Of course this is your opinion, however, what is so special please explain some more for me. Do you get a wider flow that is more random?

ALso for a 40 g Breeder and 34 Solana which pump should I buy?
 
"Better" is probably over simplifying things a bit, but there are certain distinguishing features.

Just to name one...versatility.

Tunze Streams and Nanostreams are ball-shaped and the mounting bracket is held in place by magnets. With this combination, the pumps can be placed and aimed literally almost anywhere at almost any angle. If that's not enough options, they can be placed even inside a ceramic rock made by Tunze for hiding in/on your pile of live rocks. Wider and more-random is not "better", so Tunze does not force that on you - but they do provide the option in the 6095 of the Nanostream line as well as both options in the 6105 (maybe others) of the Stream line.

There are lots of other good reasons, too much to expound on each - warranty, durability, price, etc.

-Matt
 
Last edited:
SO would the 6095 be a good choice for a 34 g and a 40 g. How many would I need?
 
Great thread!! Really love that tunze showed up!

I'm considering between tunze and vortech for my next upgrade. Great info.

Thanks all for sharing!
 
I have been thinking about switching my mp40 and mp10 for tunze 6095. I dont know if I want to do it yet or not
 
Now that I know that I can set up a battery backup.
Ecotech is no longer a thought.

Tunze.. Let's see some Led lighting.
 
Now that I know that I can set up a battery backup.
Ecotech is no longer a thought.

Tunze.. Let's see some Led lighting.

Coming right up, Sir!

LED-Flyer-I-723x1024.jpg

LED-Flyer-II-723x1024.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top