Upgrading my 10 year old 75 to the Mega matrix 180

Richard baker

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
200
Reaction score
151
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little about my tank it turns 10 this year . And everything in it including my fish have clearly put grown the 75 as have I lol. So today I pulled the trigger on the mega matrix 180 all of my equipment besides my return pump I upsized over the last few years in anticipation of this new build . My system has the new apex 2016 with every module except trident :( can’t ever find them . I’m looking for input on the return pump I am back and forth on the cor or the vectra I like the cor but I really like my return separate from the apex for safety reasons any input would be appreciated.

image.jpg
 
So a little about my tank it turns 10 this year . And everything in it including my fish have clearly put grown the 75 as have I lol. So today I pulled the trigger on the mega matrix 180 all of my equipment besides my return pump I upsized over the last few years in anticipation of this new build . My system has the new apex 2016 with every module except trident :( can’t ever find them . I’m looking for input on the return pump I am back and forth on the cor or the vectra I like the cor but I really like my return separate from the apex for safety reasons any input would be appreciated.

image.jpg
I love pan world, maybe over kill depending on your set up!

Sicce and ecotech also have good pumps IMO.
 
I love my Abyzz, but probably could have gone a more reasonable path. A few years later it is absolutely silent. Looked to clean it last year - no build up as self cleaning has worked great. Rock solid build. I did not connect to Apex for same thought you had above. I have had a few Neptune pmup go bad, so makes me nervous on the Cor. I looked at the vectra - rock solid reviews on Bulk Reef Supply. I almost got it until the sale on Abyzz. For the cost, was probably a better choice. Just did not want a main pump failure.
 
I love my Abyzz, but probably could have gone a more reasonable path. A few years later it is absolutely silent. Looked to clean it last year - no build up as self cleaning has worked great. Rock solid build. I did not connect to Apex for same thought you had above. I have had a few Neptune pmup go bad, so makes me nervous on the Cor. I looked at the vectra - rock solid reviews on Bulk Reef Supply. I almost got it until the sale on Abyzz. For the cost, was probably a better choice. Just did not want a main pump failure.
That is my thoughts exactly , I have had a few wavs go bad right at the year mark and my original pmup that came with my apex ato when bad also . I run radion gen 4 pros on both my tanks and love my mp10 and 40 never no issues . So I was looking at the new gens of vectras
 
Yes if you could I have been a member for a while just never really posted so I’m kinda learning how to navigate :)

There you go. I took the liberty to hang your Build Thread Contributor banner as well which is also a link to this thread.
 
So I ordered the vectra M2 last night , now I am debating what color plumbing I want to go with . And I’m debating if I am going to need another radion or not I have two gen4 pro over my 4 foot 75 the 180 is 6 foot
 
So the vectra m2 came in yesterday,while I am waiting for the 180 I have ordered a second mp40 and a 40 watt pentair aquatic Uv the one I run on my 75 is way to small for a 180 , I placed the order today for the new sand for the 180 . Mean while my wife has allowed me to make this upgrade she also had a stipulation the Floors need upgraded lol so being when I built my home in 2010 they used cheap pergo flooring in the living room so anytime water sat on it ,damaged the floor , so this time we went with a waterproof vinyl plank . The floors are all done except around the 75 I will be moving it out of the way this weekend to finish the last little bit so everything is ready to go when the 180 arrives .
30EB6370-5008-4C03-9526-A7120981B7C2.jpeg
 
You get a new bigger tank, your bride gets some new flooring....sounds like a great partnership!!! Good luck this weekend getting everything situated.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top