Want to start a 5 gal pico question

Not really. If there's a lot of excess food, you could have a lot. If very little food, get only a few
 
So I got a 8 gal instead if I take five from my 30 and mix fresh 3 gal salt and add it in will I be okay with no cycle
 
It's not that water that holds the beneficial microorganisms , it's the rocks, filter media etc. if you just do the water, you will still have a nitrate cycle
 
I am adding rock from my already running tank as well

It really sounds like you're tying to hurry things up. Could I ask why? In my opinion, it's a matter of stability. If you try to rush things with such a small volume you'll almost certainly end up sacrificing your stability or perhaps running into a problem that's unfixable.
 
I am adding rock from my already running tank as well
More than likely you will start with high nitrates and start an algae cycle as soon as you start. I would add the established rock and all new water.
I did my frag tank the way you're talking about it. Algae. Everywhere.
 
IMG_1482326194.074290.jpg


The beginning of the nuvo 8
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top