Water Analysis Report Attached. What RO/DI stage do I need?

My heaters are connected to EB8 via a heater controller. Currently I'm using Inkbirds which I'm going to be replacing in near future because of their calibration fluctuations. Just use a controller or the on-heater thermostats as primary protection and use Apex as back up. Yeah, heaters are weak spot in the hobby. I like the Finnex but they have their share of issues also. The cheap Eheims seem to be good for a couple of years then you just replace them usually inexpensively.
 
All these being said, I wanted to go with the BRS Titaniums, but MFG has been killer worldwide.

I currently am using the Finnex Titanium 500W for the 125g. I would need 4 of them for the 400g, which is fine.

I wish the tank was closer to my water heater, because I could run a pex tubing line directly off my water heater with a controller and use that to heat the water.

I have a 300g rubbermaid tub that is currently a holding tank, but I might experiment with the water heater method.

I want a breeding pair of Epaulettes one day, so figure the 300g tub might (emphasize might) work.
 
When you start breeding Anthias, let me know. I'll be happy to be your first customer.
 
Wow! your ph is kinda low. You don't drink that water do you? From what I have read over the years low ph water is not healthy, just from what I have discovered from talking to doctors and reading. Even though I have city water I don't drink it much, I buy high alkaline water in the 8-9 ph.
We do drink it. The pH does fluctuate a decent amount and it's probably something I should test immediately at the source to get the most accurate result, rather than after it has been transferred via a sample vial.

Unless it was produced in a sterile environment like Water For Injection (WFI) the pH will likely fluctuate over time.

I would agree that it would be better to drink the higher pH water over the lower, but most studies seem to have not been able to prove any ample benefits to high pH, other than your body won't react to it like it would on very low pH, which over time can cause health concerns.

Almost all city water, nationwide, with the exception of a few cities, like Flint, MI, are going to be fine. As crazy as that sounds, drinking city tap water is probably better for you than filtered or bottled.

The bottled water industry is one of the most heavily lobbied.

I used to only drink bottled/filtered water, but I have since changed that way of thinking in recent years.
 
When you start breeding Anthias, let me know. I'll be happy to be your first customer.

Let me start with something a little less sensitive first :D

I've bred a lot of freshwater species, successfully, over the years, so I'm up for a bigger challenge now.
 
We do drink it. The pH does fluctuate a decent amount and it's probably something I should test immediately at the source to get the most accurate result, rather than after it has been transferred via a sample vial.

Unless it was produced in a sterile environment like Water For Injection (WFI) the pH will likely fluctuate over time.

I would agree that it would be better to drink the higher pH water over the lower, but most studies seem to have not been able to prove any ample benefits to high pH, other than your body won't react to it like it would on very low pH, which over time can cause health concerns.

Almost all city water, nationwide, with the exception of a few cities, like Flint, MI, are going to be fine. As crazy as that sounds, drinking city tap water is probably better for you than filtered or bottled.

The bottled water industry is one of the most heavily lobbied.

I used to only drink bottled/filtered water, but I have since changed that way of thinking in recent years.

IMO, there's no concern about the pH for drinking. Water below pH 7 is fine to drink.

The reason utilities raise the pH is not for direct effects, but due to the inhibition of the release of copper and lead into the water from pipes.
 
Thank you, definitely considering the 7 stage.

The Spectrapure 5 stage has been recommended to me as I guess it's been kind of an industry standard, but I assume with what I plan on doing the 7 stage might be the better option if I'm running it enough.

That's what I used for 20+ years and I think its a fine choice.
 
Wow! your ph is kinda low. You don't drink that water do you? From what I have read over the years low ph water is not healthy, just from what I have discovered from talking to doctors and reading. Even though I have city water I don't drink it much, I buy high alkaline water in the 8-9 ph.

IMO, that is drifting into pseudoscience, not established fact.

There is nothing wrong with low pH water from a health perspective. The first thing your stomach does is drop the pH to 1-2.
 
IMO, there's no concern about the pH for drinking. Water below pH 7 is fine to drink.

The reason utilities raise the pH is not for direct effects, but due to the inhibition of the release of copper and lead into the water from pipes.

That's what I used for 20+ years and I think its a fine choice.

IMO, that is drifting into pseudoscience, not established fact.

There is nothing wrong with low pH water from a health perspective. The first thing your stomach does is drop the pH to 1-2.

Thanks, Randy! Much appreciated.

I guess I was trying to say the same thing on the pseudoscience and my concern. I was just trying to word it that wouldn't make it seem like I was coming off as a jerk. It's always hard to tell when it's a debate on the keyboard, but you were able to say it perfectly.

Basically, just don't drink any RO/DI water or WFI, and you should be good.
 
We do drink it. The pH does fluctuate a decent amount and it's probably something I should test immediately at the source to get the most accurate result, rather than after it has been transferred via a sample vial.

Unless it was produced in a sterile environment like Water For Injection (WFI) the pH will likely fluctuate over time.

I would agree that it would be better to drink the higher pH water over the lower, but most studies seem to have not been able to prove any ample benefits to high pH, other than your body won't react to it like it would on very low pH, which over time can cause health concerns.

Almost all city water, nationwide, with the exception of a few cities, like Flint, MI, are going to be fine. As crazy as that sounds, drinking city tap water is probably better for you than filtered or bottled.

The bottled water industry is one of the most heavily lobbied.

I used to only drink bottled/filtered water, but I have since changed that way of thinking in recent years.
The only real problem with acidic water is it leeches metal from plumbing which can cause harm, not necessarily the water itself. But I can attest to the fact that acidic water and acidic coffee causes me indigestion, especially coffee. When I switched to low acid coffee I get a lot less stomach problems, just saying. If you have old copper pipes with lead solder joints can contribute to high copper and lead in the water from leeching. Same with drinking RODI water, mineral free water will suck minerals out of your body and you can become mineral deficient.
 
The only real problem with acidic water is it leeches metal from plumbing which can cause harm, not necessarily the water itself. But I can attest to the fact that acidic water and acidic coffee causes me indigestion, especially coffee. When I switched to low acid coffee I get a lot less stomach problems, just saying. If you have old copper pipes with lead solder joints can contribute to high copper and lead in the water from leeching. Same with drinking RODI water, mineral free water will suck minerals out of your body and you can become mineral deficient.

Fortunately, this home has been fully renovated, including the internals over the last 6 months. I was one of those chumps paying 4x the price for wood and concrete over the time period. ;Dead

Almost all of the copper has been replaced.
 
Fortunately, this home has been fully renovated, including the internals over the last 6 months. I was one of those chumps paying 4x the price for wood and concrete over the time period. ;Dead

Almost all of the copper has been replaced.
That is good, no worries then.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top