Wet Friends/Water Change Wednesday

Here is my newest friend louigi
A6F77F14-00F3-416D-95CA-E3AF03D5ADAB.jpeg
2A4FA51E-33EE-4DCA-B8D6-1CD79643F954.jpeg
 
My water mixing station is fairly simple . The mixing barrel is right behind the 180 tank.
The 75 is in a room adjacent to my kitchen. When doing a w/t on the 75, I do about 20/25 gls every 2 weeks or close. This fills the barrel 1/2 & is easily rolled on a furniture dolly to the tank. I drain out the same amount & pump in the new.
Now the 180 is a different story no rolling a good 40 gls doesn't roll so easy. That's why the mixing barrel is right next & behind this 180. Fairly simple operation .
HPIM9257.JPG
 
Last edited:
This is Bertha; I've had her for awhile and she's my favorite. Though, she's feisty and bites my hand every time it gets close. She also bites the turkey-baster, and any new corals that get added. If I have the lid off, she'll jump out of the water after my hand if I agitate her; she's very protective of her anemones, lol.

In terms of water change, I use those one-gallon pitchers of distilled water from Sams Club. I use the distilled water for my ATO and then refill the containers w/Red Sea Coral Pro. My reef is 14 gallons w/only about 10 gallons of actual water, so one gallon WC is 10%. Scoop out a pitcher of water and pour a new one in once a week or so and it's all good.
IMG_6792 copy.jpg
 
I still do the 5 gallon buckets. Here’s two of my fish. This is my clownfish who recently started hosting the anemone, and he loves sucking the tentacles lol. Second one is my Valentini who tends to go for bigger pieces of shrimp that gets stuck to his lips (don’t worry, he can breath fine with it, it’s just alittle annoyance but it keeps sea urchins off his mind lol). Also, I got rid of the aiptasia in one of the photos.

6B6B84CC-F0F2-4450-B1B0-17C8A2E385DB.jpeg


A92EEA6A-BA13-4906-88CA-F57FF107E596.png
 
Happy Wet Friends/Water Change Wednesday #WFWed
 
Last edited:
Happy Wet Friends/Water Change Wednesday!
#WFWed
Lets see those wet friends!
Here's one of mine, my bubble tip anemone
kBWwhSFh.jpg
 
Happy Wednesday! #WFWed
Here's a friend of mine, its a new coral I recently got. It's called Culture Shocker Acro and it's absolutely gorgeous! The colors are really popping through.
h8RBsgJ.jpg
 
Good Morning Everybody!
Today is Wet Friends/Water Change Wednesday
Please share a picture with us of either your favorite wet friend (fish or inverts) or your water change setup and how you perform it
Here are my wet friends my two clown fish
The female is nammed Amelia Bedford Furthington Chesterhill
and the male is nammed James Fielding Wellingstonworth
gb5cJYHl.jpg

My water change setup is old school. Carrying buckets around, no fancy waterchange station for this guy.....yet ;)
#WFWed

What a great thread, and great photos! I'm definitely sniffing around in here!
 
@Crabs Mcjones dang man. Now I need to change my WC days from Tuesdays to Wednesdays so I can post in this thread with some pics. argh.
Lol, Capt, you can share your pics today, Water change wednesday just means you can share pictures of your water change setup today, regardless of what day you actually do it ;)
 
@Crabs Mcjones on my WC Wednesday *cough* (done Tuesday...lol) this will kind of count. I did as I said about cleaning sump, pumps etcetera on 1-1-19 but didn't have enough 'get up and go' so I did the skimmer complete disassemble, clean and put back in the sump. So its good for a while.

Wish I had taken pics of how filthy it had gotten.

*don't ever LOSE the little clear O-Ring.

Cleaned it while my 20g new water for WC was warming to 78 degrees.

49603597_10217727497041963_5518503049410117632_n.jpg


49666952_10217727497801982_2149197812397506560_n.jpg


49682665_10217727497201967_4080857103210643456_n.jpg


49864472_10217727496721955_6937263921329864704_n.jpg


49938939_10217727497841983_3475711140510564352_n.jpg


49948009_10217727497921985_6435758813722181632_n.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top