What’s your Tip for a clean sand bed?

Hi guys !

I’ve been looking for good tips and effective way of cleaning my sand bed, I’ve so many people that has a lot of livestock and still has a nice and clean sand bed ! I found it so hard to actually vacuum everything without taking the sand and some stuff are too heavy to get through the syphon …

so what’s your best tips and experience for a clean sand bed?
I don't vacuum the sandbed as it is too difficult to get past all the corals and stuff.

I have half a dozen strombus snails, plus nassarius snails and a starfish that keep it clean.
Occasionally I blast a section with a turkey baster and let the skimmer/roller mat clean up suspended stuff.
 
I don't vacuum the sandbed as it is too difficult to get past all the corals and stuff.

I have half a dozen strombus snails, plus nassarius snails and a starfish that keep it clean.
Occasionally I blast a section with a turkey baster and let the skimmer/roller mat clean up suspended stuff.
Thanks I will need a bigger tank to be able to use a roller haha
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top