What are the "Must Have" Montis?

Stellata is an awesome example of branching montipora!

upload_2016-12-12_13-46-34.png


(Picture courtesy of Coral Collectors)

Nice! I will be keeping an eye of this piece at my LFS. Thank you.
 
Leng Sy and Spongodes have some really interesting growth patterns as well. Some branching upwards which become new plates. One of my all time favorites of mine was a run of the mill green / brown polyps spongode colony. It grew to weigh 10lbs in my tank and the growth form was amazing. Looked like a Dr. Seuss cartoon.
 
I tried to make "Monti Island" myself but the dang zoas took over. Its definitely not a "must have" and is super cheap(free most of the time) but I do like the color and branching of digi's. My Tubbs is finally starting to branch as well.

 
Rainbow Monti. Not much Rainbow but its getting there.
1481765560068.jpg

And dont really know what this one is but i like it
1481765577568.jpg
 
My personal favorites are the Jedi mind trick, beach bum, and chili pepper. Some day I'll hit a scratch off or something :oops:
 
Is your mystic plating?

Yes it is , very odd since it is known to be an encrusting monti . Even the lfs owner I originally bought it from as a tiny frag found it to be crazy . Huge plates too !
 
My Rainbow looks much better under blues. Really like Sunsets and Reverse Sunset.
1481770643213.jpg
 
Yes it is , very odd since it is known to be an encrusting monti . Even the lfs owner I originally bought it from as a tiny frag found it to be crazy . Huge plates too !

That's awesome I have it as well but only encrusts.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top