Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
With my current tank 17 years, add on another 10 for previous reef tanks so 27. Advice, I would say find a routine and products that work and stick with them.I'm curious to the variety of years of reefers that we have here. To all the vets please add some sound advice & to all our newer reefers please add a question.
I have voted newbie but I have had freshwater tanks for almost 40 years. New to saltwater though.I'm curious to the variety of years of reefers that we have here. To all the vets please add some sound advice & to all our newer reefers please add a question.
You must have webbed hands by now, that's a lifetime60+ years in the fish hobby and 50 with salt.![]()
+1… maybe I shouldn’t admit this, but the only ‘test kit’ that I’ve had for the past ~20 years is a swing arm hydrometer (checked every year or so with my refractometer) No apex or dosers…. 10% water changes once a month (or 2), change filter socks 2-3 times a week. Admittedly no sticks, they’re beautiful but not worth my time or effort as far as I’m concerned.36 years
Be patient and do not chase numbers

