What did you do to the tank today?

Birddog, I bet you were told coral beauties are reef safe. Some might be
It's a hit and miss you may find one that leaves things alone or find one that's a terror in a reef. Such a gorgeous fish with a dark side.
 
Wow, everyone was way more motivated than me over the weekend...

Btw, @Masomaniac, good job on the wiring cleanup but I would try to get that light timer up off the bottom of your stand, just in case any water collects there due to a leak or splashing.
 
Wow, everyone was way more motivated than me over the weekend...

Btw, @Masomaniac, good job on the wiring cleanup but I would try to get that light timer up off the bottom of your stand, just in case any water collects there due to a leak or splashing.
Yea I want to get it off the ground but I ran out of velcro strips to attach it to the stand.
 
NBM.PNG
NI.JPG
NM.PNG
NMB.PNG
NN.JPG
NNN.PNG
 
Sorry for the blues . used i-phone camera
 
I checked the phosphate and nitrogen levels, (those dang color charts are hard to tell!) and then we fed all the corals. I also bought myself a really pretty yellow coral banded shrimp! Im excited for him :) He is SUPER pretty!
Does your shrimp come out? I've had my yellow, banded coral shrimp for 2 weeks now, and it's always between the reef and back of tank. I only get glimpses during feeding
 
He comes out at night. Mostly he hides during the day so far. He lost his claws when we got him because he dropped them. But he is super pretty. Just shy he does come out during moon lights too.
 
  • Watched my DT
  • Added Freshwater to my DT
  • Fed the anemone and poked it for not eating quickly (hehhee)
  • Moved two corals to receive less/more light
  • Cleaned my future DT in the garage
  • Adjusted powerhead on nano
  • Finally named my two fish as I watched them fight eachother
Basically in that order
 
Got two tank water changes done today, as well as switched out the healthy live rock from my QT tank and placed it into my DT tank as I had some hair algae growing on the rocks, all parameters were fine except nitrates at 10ppm so still trying to find the culprit of the algae cause. Me and Audikers have a coral bed in our DT tank instead of a sand bed and I'm not sure if that may be the cause. I did bite the bullet and although some may say bad idea, I bathed my rocks in peroxide and placed them in the QT to sit for a few weeks "those covered with hair algae". Did add a coral handed, two emerald crabs to help with cleanup
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top