What have you found does not make sense in this hobby?

Joey Marino

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2016
Messages
20
Reaction score
15
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys! For my first post here I wanted to make a thread concerning what (if anything) you have found does not make sense in the aquarium industry. Mine has always been the way rock is sold by weight.

If you have good rock that is porous with a lot of surface area, a specific size will cost less, and be much better for your tank vs. a rock that is completely solid and has the minimum surface area. However, the only viable way to sell accordingly would be to account for %porocity. This would involve displacing water, finding volume of rock w/o pores, then somehow measuring volume of the rock w/ pores. Probably not feasible.
 
...and don't get me going on coral names and SPS sales. Two frags of the same exact coral, lit differently over time, become two different names and twice the gouge. Throw in a little photoshop and over saturation, and we're all the biggest suckers ever.
 
I can't keep sps anyway, the one I got from you is crap brown but it's growing and great polyp extension.
 
I plan on keeping many different types of Zoas in my tank. Are they difficult to maintain? Slow to grow?
lol. search zoa melted threads.:eek:

Hint buy the cheap ones first!........just a learning curve. another learning curve:D
 
I plan on keeping many different types of Zoas in my tank. Are they difficult to maintain? Slow to grow?
totally worth you driving to reefers garage btw.....if you head farther south pm me.
 
totally worth you driving to reefers garage btw.....if you head farther south pm me.

I travel to San Diego every other weekend so I'll definitely swing on by next week and check the place out. Head lots of stuff from that place. I need to check out Aqua SD as well. I was there when they opened 5 years ago and they were awesome at helping me setup my first reef tank.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top