What is the prettiest fish you own

Maybe it's even my purple firefish, cant decide
 

Attachments

  • 20220909_170951.jpg
    20220909_170951.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 45
I agree on yours looking like an African varient. Here's mine, sorry for the crap pic, trying to catch a pic is an olympic sport. Mine looks to be from the maldives area, Less red in the facial area than the Africans. Dont mind the orange head solar behind him.
I love the variation on these, kind of a crap shoot as to what you'll end up with if you start with a young one. Always fun trying to get a decent photo of a fairy/flasher wrasse.

Purple firefish are gorgeous. I might have to add one...
 
I agree on yours looking like an African varient. Here's mine, sorry for the crap pic, trying to catch a pic is an olympic sport. Mine looks to be from the maldives area, Less red in the facial area than the Africans. Dont mind the orange head solar behind him.
Do you have a clear photo of the pectoral fin?
This will be a big tell tale of where yours is from (As mentioned above).
 
I quite like my second C. lubbocki from Indonesia. I do also have the Cebu variant in the same tank so it’s quite hard for me to pick a favourite as when they display to eachother they show some stunning colours.
C7A6471E-A887-4CDF-AD6D-FB51DE753230.jpeg
 
Do you have a clear photo of the pectoral fin?
This will be a big tell tale of where yours is from (As mentioned above).
Sorry, I do not ans I would probably have to kill him in order for him to be still enough to catch a clear pic. I can tell you that the pectoral fins are mostly translucent, with a thin film of red on the top, dorsal surface. They are not outlined in red like the pacific versions. His red hood is not as prominent as most of the Africans I have seen. But definately an Indian ocean varient.
 
I can’t wait to go through this thread and find some ideas for the next addition, but I’d have to say my female ornate leopard wrasse is the favorite overall for her beauty and personality.

I really love my dory as well, she is absolutely perfect and fat, and I am very proud that I was able to raise her from a little baby. A lot of blue hippos I see are in bad shape
 

Attachments

  • 1CB34813-319E-41D6-9F4D-0F4DFE3E5E63.jpeg
    1CB34813-319E-41D6-9F4D-0F4DFE3E5E63.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 56
I can’t wait to go through this thread and find some ideas for the next addition, but I’d have to say my female ornate leopard wrasse is the favorite overall for her beauty and personality.

I really love my dory as well, she is absolutely perfect and fat, and I am very proud that I was able to raise her from a little baby. A lot of blue hippos I see are in bad shape
 
Not pretty, but a handsome character. Chompin is my lawnmower blenny. The spotted mandarin is “Vangogh-by” my pretty fish, although can’t see the bright colors so we’ll with my phone photo.
 
I can’t wait to go through this thread and find some ideas for the next addition, but I’d have to say my female ornate leopard wrasse is the favorite overall for her beauty and personality.

I really love my dory as well, she is absolutely perfect and fat, and I am very proud that I was able to raise her from a little baby. A lot of blue hippos I see are in bad shape
To me it looks like you have a transitional male. Still a stunner :)
 
To me it looks like you have a transitional male. Still a stunner :)
Thanks, it could be, it’s been a while since I really read up on the male vs female coloring. There’s not as much really good info that I’ve found online. You think this is starting to transition into male? I was thinking of getting another to see if they’d pair.
 
Say what you will about their personalities, but orchid dottybacks are the most gorgeous fish for their size. They're also widely available, cheap, hardy, and easy to keep.

I'd still do a custom build if I could source a centropyge interruptus as fine as @MrsBugmaster's , though. :)
 
I can’t wait to go through this thread and find some ideas for the next addition, but I’d have to say my female ornate leopard wrasse is the favorite overall for her beauty and personality.

I really love my dory as well, she is absolutely perfect and fat, and I am very proud that I was able to raise her from a little baby. A lot of blue hippos I see are in bad shape
That's a beautiful fish!
 
Thanks, it could be, it’s been a while since I really read up on the male vs female coloring. There’s not as much really good info that I’ve found online. You think this is starting to transition into male? I was thinking of getting another to see if they’d pair.
It could be but it could also be the camera angle. The spots on your Ornatissimus appear to be a slight green tint and the body is looking rather dark.
Here’s a photo of a Male;
7C7CF7AC-347B-4EC4-A23F-6101E79C87A0.jpeg

As for pairing, you can however you may want to try a trio over a pair just so it reduces any aggression from a mature male.
 
My prettiest has to have these guys in the top for sure. Sorry for the bad photos… anyone who owns a Pseudocheilinops ataenia will know that getting a photo of these guys as juveniles is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
This is my trio (I believe it is Atleast, with 3 identical wrasses it’s hard to tell whether I’ve got atleast one photo of all three or not) and they’re highly camera shy so I had to get these photos zoomed in extremely close.
F0940E19-EDC7-4FDE-8EA0-6D14347D91AD.jpeg

62F48755-3127-48CB-B1D3-43DC8DD03323.jpeg
 
Yea not sure which is my fave
20220810_123019.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top