What Sounds Do You Enjoy From Your Aquarium?

I like a silent tank BUT, I have one of those white noise machines in my tank cabinet that makes crashing wave sounds. I run it 24/7 on low volume. I find that soothing.
Very cool idea!!!
 
Very cool idea!!!
Got it off Amazon. It’s one of the nicer ones I’ve seen. Has many more sounds than others I’ve looked at.
E2074661-2415-4CA8-99DB-24FAE0D7916F.jpeg
 
For me any of the aquarium sounds are mostly pleasant in the sense that "everything is running". Complete silence would mean something's broken and we better all panic!

That said, the best was my Tunze 9004 skimmer. My old tank was completely silent except for that. And it wasn't a mechanical sound, it was just the sound of the bubbles. A gentle white noise. I think my new tank has too much going on to ever be that quiet.
 
For me any of the aquarium sounds are mostly pleasant in the sense that "everything is running". Complete silence would mean something's broken and we better all panic!

That said, the best was my Tunze 9004 skimmer. My old tank was completely silent except for that. And it wasn't a mechanical sound, it was just the sound of the bubbles. A gentle white noise. I think my new tank has too much going on to ever be that quiet.
Great insight about the white noise!
 
I HATE every single sound coming from my tank except one. That is my pistol shrimp popping. I love hearing that.

Everything else has to be less loud than the ventilation system in my apartment.
 
I HATE every single sound coming from my tank except one. That is my pistol shrimp popping. I love hearing that.

Everything else has to be less loud than the ventilation system in my apartment.
That’s the second post about Pistol shrimp - I’m going to have to check them out!
 
There was a very interesting segment on the Canadian CBC radio show "Quirks and Quarks" this afternoon in which the interviewed scientist presented sounds collected with a hydrophone from a rehabilitated reef. It sounded, as the host suggested, like a jungle, with a number of fish making laughing or knocking noises. Clownfish in particular were noted for making sounds like door knocks with their teeth.

Has anyone used a hydrophone to record their reefs? I'm tempted.
 
The sound of the bedroom door shutting. The ocean sounds are great, but sometimes you gotta sleep. :D
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top