What will you be doing to your tank this weekend!?

I’ll be watching my corals as they grow and my hammer split heads (At the minute it looks like he’s splitting one head into 3). My GSP is being strange… Dying off whilst everything else thrives and grows. Strange how the Stylo looks bleached, I’ll keep an eye on it in the day but I have a feeding that’s due to the clown goby sleeping around it.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
Water change as usual. Will also be charging the filter floss and carbon this weekend.
 
It's the weekend!!!! What plans do you have for your tank? I'm going to be doing some cleaning and taking some photos and possibly mounting some corals into permanent (or semi-permanent) places on my rockwork. I'll also be going to the West Coast Coral Farmers Market tomorrow. What about you guys?? Any fun plans?
Got some scratches on the front panel, Ordered food grade epoxy to fill them in. Going to test it on a piece of glass that I am going to scratch 1st, test fill the scratches before I try it on my front panel. Not fun, but a necessary evil to go through.
 
Picking up a squirrelfish to replace sharkfish. Rip. ":*/
D
What "Sharkfish" did you have?

I'm going to be cleaning the front and side glass of the tank this weekend.
I should be fragging everything cuz it's all overgrown. But seems like it's going to take too long and won't be able to enjoy the weekend. Going to be nice here in the northeast.
 
Last edited:
My nano grows film algae the same day it’s been scraped off. My acros and coral thrive though.
Figure that one out.
Will get a FTS and some close ups of the corals later :)
 
Thanks to @SunnyX i scraped my glass vacuumed my sand bed and dosed calcium carbonate and clarified my water.

Ha Ha, don’t tell my wife. She already calls me the drill Sargent.

I will be doing the same shortly. Nothing like early Saturday tank maintenance!

-Sonny
 
Interesting.

My TDS meter doesn't even read that low. My holding tank reads at "1". When I draw a sample directly off the input line, I see 0. This makes me wonder at what concentration TDS play a part in active systems. .004 is probably less than what I actually have especially considering that my holding tank reads 1, yet I have never seen an adverse reaction in my running systems.

I find it intriguing that you have hair algae growing as a result of .005? I wonder what differences exist between your system and mine? Why does my tank run fine with my input and yours has adverse effects even with such a minor amount?

I guess I should of stated .0004 or 4 ppm. More than likely your TDS meter reads like mine dose in parts per million so mine said four. 1 ppm is like 1 eyedropper drop in 10 gallons of water. Who knows what it is?

My RO/DI units both were at 0 for over a year. I just started noticing hair algae in my reef tank and check TDS of top off water RO/DI unit at 4ppm. After correction that and about 6 weeks its gone. My Lawnmower Blenny probably helped also, he's a good guy.... :cool:

IMG_4160.jpg



My weekend project of changing my Mixing Station RO/DI is done. Had to wait a week because I dropped the darn canister and broke it. The new one is here and on. I like Zeros. Hopefully it stays that way for another year!

Now I have to do a water change on my FOWLR tank I didn't do last weekend.


20220611_094146.jpg
 
Using a toothbrush to clean the algae off of my sps frag plugs and begining to dose sodium Nitrate to try and get some detectable NO3. Doesn't get any better than that. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Fortunaly I have one tank doing very well so I can just watch that one.
 
Performing ALL my tank maintenance this weekend, before I go away for the following weekend.

I did get around to finally getting my 25g's Tunze controllers off the shelf, and discretely mounted on the stand! :)
 
Did that! Well worth the trouble. 20 gallon ATO is filling now. No having to lug 5 gallon jugs across the house is nice.
Done! atleast to my topoff tank still gotta tee it and run it to my saltwater vat also gotta set up some type of system to only allow the tank to refill 20 minutes per day to prevent any risk of overflows.
 
I'd love to try and find the candy pistol shrimp I put in there yesterday, I haven't seen or heard him, and his goby friend is getting lonely.

Also scraping annoying film algae off the glass, and maybe cleaning my filter sock if I'm feeling especially energetic.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top