What will you be doing to your tank this weekend!?

Replacing my halide bulbs to make them all match and working on my controller board
 
It's the weekend!!!! What plans do you have for your tank? I'm going to be doing some cleaning and taking some photos and possibly mounting some corals into permanent (or semi-permanent) places on my rockwork. I'll also be going to the West Coast Coral Farmers Market tomorrow. What about you guys?? Any fun plans?
I'm going to be lugging my "back-in-the-saddle" tank home, assessing needs, probably running to aquarium adventures, and over-all feeling like Christmas!
 
Well today is the last day of my weekend so I will say that over the last couple days, I did a water change on 2 of the tanks, washed out the dirty filter socks, and am awaiting delivery of my new 135g tank and stand.
Where are you getting your tank from? Glass cages is the best check them out.
 
Where are you getting your tank from? Glass cages is the best check them out.
For me today I will do a water change. That's it for the weekend. Oh, I might replace my GFO with new GFO. But I am thinking of getting some shave brush plants to soak up my nitrates. My nitrates are out of control. I have just reached my 2-year anniversary, Nitrates are stopping my coral form reaching their potential. I HATE NITRATES SO BAD.
 
I just added 3 Banggai Cardinalfish, a Yellow Watchman Goby and a Tiger Pistol Shrimp (hoping they find each other and pair) to go along with my existing Davinci and Ocellaris Clownfish pair.
 
Changing pre filter and carbon blocks on the rodi. Then working on the walls of the fish room. Hoping to have them done this weekend.
 
I'll check my alk, CA, and Mg. I want them to stay balanced. I"ll keep my ATO supply full. And of course, enjoy the tank.
 
Where are you getting your tank from? Glass cages is the best check them out.

I got my new tank and stand from my LFS. The tank is made by Aquarium Masters. The stand was made at a local cabinet shop that supplies stands to my LFS. The tank and stand arrived on the 10th of June. I have the primer coats finished and am ready to spray the final color coats. Tomorrow is my last day of the weekend, so I hope to have all the paint sprayed by the end of the day.

If I have to wait one more week to get the final coat sprayed, no big deal. I have everything I need on hand now to complete the build.

I have heard many good things about Glass Cages, but the price, plus the wait time doesn't work for me.

The new tank is a 135g standard with dual overflows. Not rimless, but a beautiful tank nonetheless. I am super happy with it.

Tank with dual overflows $700. Stand $400. Sump $450

I dare say that I am out the door for less cost than Glass Cages could do for just the tank alone.
 
I just made up a fresh batch of saltwater so doing my weekly maintenance. :-)
 
Rinsing the last 160lbs of dry rock to put in the curing tank and if I have time then possibly mounting the new UV for the 480 build.
 
Hopefully selling some frags I’ve had sitting on a frag rack for a while and possibly taking down and restarting a pocillopora colony that’s gotten too big for it’s own good.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top