Whats more important to you in a reef?

What Is the most important thing in your reef?

  • Fish

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Corals

    Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Inverts

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends- I like a mix-explain

    Votes: 5 18.5%

  • Total voters
    27
well lets say its ur prize pair of clowns and they take over ur fave LPS coral, which are you getting rid of?



I would suggest a better example lol, the clowns taking over an LPS is not likely but in the event it did happen it wouldn't cause any damage, a tang would be a better example. So i still go with a mix of both, just have reef-safe fish.
 
Last edited:
yea why buy fish that are a risk to your corals? you would never buy an invert that was a risk... IMO the corals are what makes the tank really glow and shows the biodiversity... tons of people have fish.. but its the coral that makes us spend all of our hard earned money ha
 
I like the symbiotic aspect of inverts and fish. I have had a 2 highfin shrimp gobies and a Yashe shrimp goby living with a candy cane pistol shrimp. I love to watch them together and interact. I just divorced a solid cherry pistol from his buddy, a orange spot goby. I was attacked by the pistol and after watching him go after everything that moved, i sent him back to my LFS for trade. I voted for the Depends-I like a mix, for me it is the interaction of everything in the tank.
 
I said a mix because I love my corals but the fish are important to me as well. I have to have corals and a nice fish to fully appreciate my tank :)
 
If it were about fish it would be labeled as a Fishtank and not a Reeftank.


Have you seen a picture of a real reef? i mean ever? Theres always more fish then you can count so i have to totally disagree with that:happy3:
 
:laughing2:
If it were about fish it would be labeled as a Fishtank and not a Reeftank.


Have you seen a picture of a real reef? i mean ever? Theres always more fish then you can count so i have to totally disagree with that:happy3:
 
Everything is important to me, down to the littlest tunicate to my biggest, brightest coral. The only thing I have no love for are monti nudibranchs, zoo nudis, and red bugs. ;p
 
fish are secondary to me most of the time, corals are why I keep a fish tank but I go in and out of phases where I'm more into one or the other.

But I agree. a reef tank is a reef tank for a reason, if you not that into corals then why go through the hassle?

I appreciate all the diverse like in my aquarium, the good, the bad, and especially the ugly but its the growth forms and colors of corals that have really drawn me into keeping a reef tank.
 
I choose a mix. For me, the corals add a large portion of the beauty of the tank. The fish add the character. But as to who comes out on top, a coral nipping fish will always go before the coral.
 
for me it depends, i will not get ride of my favorite fish for my fav coral, coral would be gone first.
 
I would peace the fish in a second over the coral... his fault for starting trouble in my tank. The coral stays. Also its most like that the fish will end up bothering another coral as well.
 
haha ik i am totally out numbered on this but i would wait and if he started again, if its my fav fish, such as my foxface :) that coral is out hahaha
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top