WheatToast's Anti-Reef (Aqueon 40-gallon Breeder)

You should have asked kitten for the plating algae. It really is nice!
His/her Lobophora looks fascinating and my hopes are high that he/she might be able to give it away, though due to its growth patterns, maybe it would be best to isolate it to the dead Acropora on the right of my main display. What do you think?
 
I am giving you until this weekend. If you don't want it, I am asking her for it. I have made up my mind. It will go in the sump.
You get first dibs since you are running macro algae tank.
I think you have hypnea, right?
 
Bonus pictures:

A Periwinkle and a Dove snail in the refugium.
40C088E1-BA40-41C3-BD22-CB456B46C07D.jpeg


Hey! Stop that! Get back in the water!
2F4360C8-AC37-4210-B3AB-45395AAB9839.jpeg


So far, the Periwinkles have been climbing above the water line on occasion, so I push them back in. It’s not too particularly annoying, personally.
 
Thursday FTS:
340BAE98-5B57-4737-974D-C4246520A995.jpeg


Hitchhiker bivalve (feeding a capful of Kent Marine PhytoPlex four times a week):
CC304B04-8626-4C15-B8E2-704959283E61.jpeg


Hello!
B58B44E0-B52D-4414-BBB2-A47D73AD35B0.jpeg


Urchin spine found in Gulf Live Sand (don’t worry, there were no urchins in there):
92E89BA2-CAE1-4F09-A6D3-3EAB6ABD1353.jpeg
Looking good!!!!!
 
Thursday FTS:
340BAE98-5B57-4737-974D-C4246520A995.jpeg


Hitchhiker bivalve (feeding a capful of Kent Marine PhytoPlex four times a week):
CC304B04-8626-4C15-B8E2-704959283E61.jpeg


Hello!
B58B44E0-B52D-4414-BBB2-A47D73AD35B0.jpeg


Urchin spine found in Gulf Live Sand (don’t worry, there were no urchins in there):
92E89BA2-CAE1-4F09-A6D3-3EAB6ABD1353.jpeg
This planted marine tank is an interesting setup! I like all the different tiny creatures from the live sand and the different types of macroalgae that you are starting.
 
First of all…

This is my 1,000th post on Reef2Reef ;Woot!
Now, I am a Valuable Member and have received all of the trophies!
1635032195794.gif


Second…

The Tang Heaven Gold (Sargassum sp.) is still going strong, though I recently noticed a barely perceptible bite mark on the macroalgae a few days back. Fast forward to today and I noticed a Fireworm (definitely not a standard bristle worm) wrapped suspiciously around the base of the Sargassum… ugh. Time to capture that cursed worm.
 
If you can keep up on dosing phtyo could try some encrusting or finger sponges too
You just reminded me of those incredible blue Haliclona sponges! I believe they have some on Blue Zoo Aquatics at the moment. Thank you!
It’s update time and my first WYSIWYG experience!

I ordered the 0.75”-1.5” Blue Haliclona sponge from Blue Zoo Aquatics’ Collector’s Choice and I must say, this is quite an eye-catching species!

67E9F837-4325-43E4-A094-E1481B3FBAE8.jpeg

The online image, apparently taken on July 27, 2021 at 2:24 PM

F13D36B6-0D59-4D9B-B42A-CEED29990C61.jpeg

Packaging

52ACAEA0-0386-4A33-9571-8059CD8350BC.jpeg

Drip acclimation (the sponge never contacted the air)

96C4F709-4575-433C-B9A7-3605C86EC76E.jpeg

Immediately after introduction…


B5AAC6F1-4F6A-452D-8F8A-0F42DDE2777F.jpeg

…. and about half an hour later (pores widened)…

The moment I laid my eyes upon this sponge’s gorgeous coloration is a moment I will never forget :D! Thanks Blue Zoo Aquatics!
 
Last edited:
It’s update time and my first WYSIWYG experience!

I ordered the 0.75”-1.5” Blue Haliclona sponge from Blue Zoo Aquatics’ Collector’s Choice and I must say, this is quite an eye-catching species!

67E9F837-4325-43E4-A094-E1481B3FBAE8.jpeg

The online image, apparently taken on July 27, 2021 at 2:24 PM

F13D36B6-0D59-4D9B-B42A-CEED29990C61.jpeg

Packaging

52ACAEA0-0386-4A33-9571-8059CD8350BC.jpeg

Drip acclimation (the sponge never contacted the air)

96C4F709-4575-433C-B9A7-3605C86EC76E.jpeg

Immediately after introduction…


B5AAC6F1-4F6A-452D-8F8A-0F42DDE2777F.jpeg

…. and about half an hour later (pores widened)…

The moment I laid my eyes upon this sponge’s gorgeous coloration is a moment I will never forget :D! Thanks Blue Zoo Aquatics!
Very nice, I got my green trachyphyllia and copperband butterfly from bluezoo. Prices are pretty good. Not too bad.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top