where did the 10 bucks sps frags go?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jerl77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

jerl77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
1,785
Reaction score
397
Location
long island ny
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spin2.gif
man when i started this hobby 5 years ago i went to someone house and he gave me 10 sps frags for 100 bucks 2 years ago the 10 buck frags where still around now i see frags 25 bucks and up
this hobby is getting way out of control?
jmo so if anybody wants to hook me up with some frags looking for 10-15 sps frags i really dont care about names i just want some simple stuff like the old days so if you have some pm me please looking for someone who has them all in one place so i can make one trip into you guys thanks jeremy
 
I can ship you some...I don't trust people comin to my home though. :P no offense.
 
I agree. they are still out there, but harder to find. somehow, people price them like they are liveaquaria or something. those selling at $10 are assets to this hobby.
 
Deals are out there to be found. I just picked up a 10 piece for $150 shipped. Very good deal IMO. Check the for sale section.
 
Some of the sponsors have good deals. Check em out.

But a lot of LFS over on west coast have $10 SPS frags. Guess we are lucky?
 
You can get $10 buck frags.No problem!But I will tell you,good luck finging them form a store front.Corals dont sell for a simple $10.I have only seen hobbiest selling them for a $10 price.Other than MR.C who sells them for $10,but they are mainly smaller peices and mostly LPS.I have no prolem with his frags though.But good luck finding a store from that will sell them.Might get some browns and greens.Mabey a light blue or something.But not really much!
 
You can get $10 buck frags.No problem!But I will tell you,good luck finging them form a store front.Corals dont sell for a simple $10.I have only seen hobbiest selling them for a $10 price.Other than MR.C who sells them for $10,but they are mainly smaller peices and mostly LPS.I have no prolem with his frags though.But good luck finding a store from that will sell them.Might get some browns and greens.Mabey a light blue or something.But not really much!

Come to FL. I've got one store with 4 huge frag racks full of $10 frags. Anything from a few zoas (many different colors) to acros, montis, etc. Not just browns/greens.

Another store that is literally a mile from that store has a $10 bin, $5 bin, and sometimes even a 2 for $5.

A store literally a mile and a half from that store has 8 frag tanks with nothing but $10 pieces...

Come to FL...it's nice here and the oil hasn't hit shore yet :)
 
i got a frag pack for 11 frags, after 80+ bucks for shipping i make about $14-15 a frag depending on where they get shipped.
 
From CA to the East coast it runs 75-86 bucks. It suuuuuuuuucks

Yeah that sounds horrible...is that just because of the bulk of shipping 11 coral? I only really ask because I'm about to do some shipping and I wasn't figuring it would be so crazy for shipping.
 
Part of it is because it is shipping from west to east, with next day delivery by 10 am or noon. Which actually means that 4 hours is cut out because of the time change.
 
Come to FL. I've got one store with 4 huge frag racks full of $10 frags. Anything from a few zoas (many different colors) to acros, montis, etc. Not just browns/greens.

Another store that is literally a mile from that store has a $10 bin, $5 bin, and sometimes even a 2 for $5.

A store literally a mile and a half from that store has 8 frag tanks with nothing but $10 pieces...

Come to FL...it's nice here and the oil hasn't hit shore yet :)

Well I live in Missouri and we dont have many stores here.The best deal around here is frags for 15.99...buy 3 get 1 free.Thats about it!
 
Part of it is because it is shipping from west to east, with next day delivery by 10 am or noon. Which actually means that 4 hours is cut out because of the time change.

Oh, yeah wow, that makes sense...ouch ouch.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top