Why is my SPS peeling and turning white??

Shimadzu TOC Analyzer

This is what they used to test DOC's in the advanced aquarist article.

Little $$
But the average aquarist would NEVER think of testing DOC's and even more so at the cost to do it.
 
But the average aquarist would NEVER think of testing DOC's and even more so at the cost to do it.

But, they have smaller instruments that are relatively inexpensive.

An idea maybe that LFS does this as a service to aquarist.

The question is? - is it worth it, and or necessary? I think so, if anything process of elimination
 
This whole thread got derailed. I am the OP and really need help here. Just tell me what you think I need to do and I will do it.
Hi how do you think it got off track?
I have been following this all along and some great ideas have been given.
What has happened is not understood.
Frag
Or look more into your water
 
I think, referring back to post #2.
You threw your tank out of balance, some of this we are discussing.

You need to ride it out, don't mess with it too much, keep it very stable and I would lower your po4. Raise no3. Just a touch.

Again- it is not fully known why they stn / rtn.
 
How do I get my water Triton tested? What is DOC?
Now we are getting somewhere!
Well I get my tests from unique corals its prepaid shipping. Takes about a week and a half for results. They have great instructions on how to setup an account.
DOC is dissolved organic compounds
Its garbage in your water column.
To me it pollutants and if you have a stressed coral to start with the DOC's does it no favors.
 
I think, referring back to post #2.
You threw your tank out of balance, some of this we are discussing.

You need to ride it out, don't mess with it too much, keep it very stable and I would lower your po4. Raise no3. Just a touch.

Again- it is not fully known why they stn / rtn.

Being my tank is fishless currently, I was hoping my Phosphates and nitrates would lower, especially after a "large" water change. I am running ROWAPHOS and chemipure elite. I have thought about dosing Red Sea Phos/Nitrate remover.
 
Being my tank is fishless currently, I was hoping my Phosphates and nitrates would lower, especially after a "large" water change. I am running ROWAPHOS and chemipure elite. I have thought about dosing Red Sea Phos/Nitrate remover.
Oh wait a second.. you don't have fish?
I have to go back and read through this
 
Triton test
Then you will know exactly what you are dealing with for water parameters
 
Being my tank is fishless currently, I was hoping my Phosphates and nitrates would lower, especially after a "large" water change. I am running ROWAPHOS and chemipure elite. I have thought about dosing Red Sea Phos/Nitrate remover.

I wouldn't dose anything, they will come down w/o fishes.

Too fast may be more harmful
 
Whats optimal KH then.

Depends.
Your kh is good. But if you lower your nitrates any more, can cause issues. Mainly in sps burning tips.

I personally think the tank just needs to re-stabilize.

Be patient kind of thing. Work on stability and po4 a touch.

Don't be dosing things just to dose to fix one thing, it tends to throw others off.
Slowly
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top