Yellow Goby Nipping my coral :/

Hi guys

Trouble is he won't eat any food put in the tank and I feed many different types , he won't even come out when I'm feeding
All he wants to do is bite bits from my acan frags and nip the sps
This fish is making me so mad
I also feel like going to lfs were I got him and putting him in the main DT that's full of sps .... Being as I was sold him after asking if they nip ..which is what I ask about every fish I buy.
I know I should of found out my self but the owner of my shop has been in this game for over 20 years and I take what he's says as gospel
 
In 2 minds as to weather or not rip the tank apart and get him out :mad::mad::mad::(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

image.jpeg
 
Trouble is he's going for loads
I tried leaving a net by one acro that he likes and he didn't go near it once just started on a few acans instead ..... He's a smart little fish that's for sure , he knows I'm after him , if he sitting on a coral and I go over to the tank he's off down the back of the tank
I really am at the point of large tubs and putting my water and rocks in them and getting the little git out lol
Gonna lose some more hair over this one lol
 
Man, I know your pain. When my male was left he was a terror till he passed. I just could not add any sps. He did not touch anything else though (at least not enough to do damage). I am sorry for your fishy's appetite. Good luck!
 
So this is what it's come to
Iv taken rock out still can't get him
Gonna have to take out the whole lot
I'm so stressed out right about now
First pic is what my tank should look like :mad::mad::(:mad::(:mad::mad::mad:

IMG_0114.JPG


IMG_0367.JPG


IMG_0366.JPG


IMG_0365.JPG


IMG_0364.JPG


 
You have a beautiful tank. Does the goby really do a lot of damage for a tank of that magnitude and the coral that large? IMO I'd let nature do its thing. TBH you'll prob be doing more damage tearing the tank apart to catch the little guy.
 
Hi dan
Yes mate this thing Is killing things
Iv lost a spa to it already ,2 acans are getting bit , iv other sps that won't open because as soon as they do he's biting polyps
He's going from one coral to the next and biteing If I leave him in I might as well say by to many corals
Trust me this thing is trouble
 
Bummer. I hope the find goes well. Have you considered draining the tank instead of emptying. You can store the water and then just do large change. He should come out of rocks to stay in water. I would do that before tearing down. Just a thought.
 
Hahahahahaha shouted at the top of my voice lol
Got him ,got him ,got him the SOB
He's in my sump along with the crab iv been after ,aleast now I can alway feed the crab and make sure getting fed
Wow I feel happy even if my tank is a complete mess
In the end he wentt in a hole in the rock so the whole rock came out ,the biggest rock in the tank
Had to hold it out of the water for abit and he fell out
Hahahaha I'm so happy :):):):):cool:

IMG_0374.JPG


IMG_0372.JPG


IMG_0370.JPG


IMG_0369.JPG


IMG_0368.JPG
 
Lol catching fish is very hard. The key is not to scare them.

If you get something transparent enough they dont even see it.

My clown goby ive never aeen bite anything but now im suspicious! But besides my chromis hes pretty cool too

Bit he gets so fat from micro pellets fed 3-6 times a day, why eat coral?
 
I think you have a rare individual case of a terrorizing clown goby. You have an amazing tank and im so sorry you had to go to great lengths to get it out. Maybe it had a bonded mate and its been unhappy ever since losing it. See how it responds to some LiCl, lol JK! Glad your tanks on the path of recovery. My clown goby is awesome but lives almost entirely with softies and is very peaceful.
 
I think you have a rare individual case of a terrorizing clown goby. You have an amazing tank and im so sorry you had to go to great lengths to get it out. Maybe it had a bonded mate and its been unhappy ever since losing it. See how it responds to some LiCl, lol JK! Glad your tanks on the path of recovery. My clown goby is awesome but lives almost entirely with softies and is very peaceful.

Mine too! He lives in the devils hand. Maybe its a sighn lol
 
My little guy likes roosting the mushrooms and giant palys the most. Doesnt dare to go near the euphyllia or dendro.
 
Just keep an eye on them , took me about 2 months before I noticed what he was doing ,one frag lasted about a week , he was sitting on it the whole time it was in the tank , it started to close up and than I saw him picking at it , he bites acan candy canes all my sps and even the feeder from a brain
Horrible little fish , gonna do some hard time in the sump lol
 
Good move lol , mine had a real taste for them , iv about 10 and he would go from one to another taking a bite , I was getting worried for my rainbow lol
Second pic is him sitting on a acan frag that he loved to eat , got it out of the tank tonight to have a good look and a couple of the heads are dead

IMG_0338.JPG


IMG_0344.JPG
 
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I have had the exact same problem with my Yellow Goby. My lovely new fuzzy acro frag was starting to look a bit ropey. I thought that I had a problem with my water conditions and then I saw him tearing chunks off it. Fortunately for me, the goby like to hang around on the front glass and didn't even move when the net went into the display. Took me all of 10 seconds to catch him.
He's now in the sump until it can be rehomed. I've never sumped a fish before, will he be okay in there for a couple of days with no light?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top