30 Gallon rimless Budget sps reef build

And patiently waiting on the holding tank my midnight dominos and bright blue maxima clam
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1407207145.077845.jpg
 
Day 12 cycle numbers
Ammonia 1.0 slowly going down
Nitrite between 2.0 and 5.0
I think this tank should be cycle Within 3 to 4 days the ways it's going
 
Sweet setup! Where'd you get that container from? Looking to purchase one similar to that myself
 
Getting there new sump with jebao dc3000. Waiting on the ato to get here and the algae scrubber. Gotta go get tubbing for the dp4
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1408209336.315636.jpg
 
Integrated the reef angel water level sensor. This thing is great it tells at what level my sump is at all times, controls my ATO, and it also if the level goes above 110 % or below 50% it will shut off my return pump. Cost 69.00 plus 9.00 harbor freight pond pump. Low budget at it's finest.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1410139771.490543.jpg
 
Also been working on my quarantine/frag tank it's ready to go all I have to do is transfer the light from the ghetto tank and the few sps I have.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1410140086.485579.jpg


The ghetto tank lol
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1410140186.058717.jpg
 
I dig this build man, nice work! Cool idea of an algae scrubber instead of a skimmer. I went the Fuge route since I thought an algae scrubber might just be one more thing to clean, but if it buys you not needing a skimmer, then maybe it is worth it! I look forward to seeing your progress.

Also, the one big table idea is awesome. Maybe a few other little things in there for fun but one big table would look killer.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top