330 gallon 10+ year dream tank!

This has been my dream since I got into the hobby, I’ve always been changing tanks (55, 150, 15, 220, 180, and now my 90) and never been happy , I always thought it was “I don’t have money for nice gear that’s why I’m not happy” but , life changed 4 years ago, and I went all out on my 90 and still not happy with the limitations of corals and fish. My dream tank has always been a 360 gallon , 96x30x30 , but , this is the next best thing ( a fish wont notice a foot difference).

My dream was always a small school of yellow tangs (3 or 5) and I’ll be able to do that with this tank.
Your going to be pretty darn close to fully achieving your dream tank and that Yellow Tang school is going to be awesome!
 
Well small update, tanks moving into place tomorrow , and will start aquascaping, plumbing the sump/frag tanks and filling them.

kind of rushed, but, I wanted to buy 3 yellow tangs before the prices skyrocket here, found a guy shutting his 300 down, so I purchased everything inside the tank. Here’s a list of what I got :
- 3 yellow tangs
- 1 yellow eye kole tang
- 1 mimic tang
- 1 powder blue
- 1 emperor angel
- 7 blue green chromis
- few wrasse
- pair of mature clowns
- dozens and dozens of corals and colonies.

plus all the live rock, inverts and what ever else he didn’t tell me about.

will be fragging all the corals. And setting up multiple QT tanks for fish. Most likely only keeping the tangs, clowns, and wrasses but it completed my tang gang, for less then what I could’ve bought 3 yellows for in store. Plus, I’ll make my money back on the corals and rock
 

Attachments

  • D404294F-C1FB-421E-A048-EE536FB1DEFE.jpeg
    D404294F-C1FB-421E-A048-EE536FB1DEFE.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 189
  • C299A453-C431-420D-A0DF-A0F13188DC47.jpeg
    C299A453-C431-420D-A0DF-A0F13188DC47.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 165
Well small update, tanks moving into place tomorrow , and will start aquascaping, plumbing the sump/frag tanks and filling them.

kind of rushed, but, I wanted to buy 3 yellow tangs before the prices skyrocket here, found a guy shutting his 300 down, so I purchased everything inside the tank. Here’s a list of what I got :
- 3 yellow tangs
- 1 yellow eye kole tang
- 1 mimic tang
- 1 powder blue
- 1 emperor angel
- 7 blue green chromis
- few wrasse
- pair of mature clowns
- dozens and dozens of corals and colonies.

plus all the live rock, inverts and what ever else he didn’t tell me about.

will be fragging all the corals. And setting up multiple QT tanks for fish. Most likely only keeping the tangs, clowns, and wrasses but it completed my tang gang, for less then what I could’ve bought 3 yellows for in store. Plus, I’ll make my money back on the corals and rock
unnamed.jpg
 
Well small update, tanks moving into place tomorrow , and will start aquascaping, plumbing the sump/frag tanks and filling them.

kind of rushed, but, I wanted to buy 3 yellow tangs before the prices skyrocket here, found a guy shutting his 300 down, so I purchased everything inside the tank. Here’s a list of what I got :
- 3 yellow tangs
- 1 yellow eye kole tang
- 1 mimic tang
- 1 powder blue
- 1 emperor angel
- 7 blue green chromis
- few wrasse
- pair of mature clowns
- dozens and dozens of corals and colonies.

plus all the live rock, inverts and what ever else he didn’t tell me about.

will be fragging all the corals. And setting up multiple QT tanks for fish. Most likely only keeping the tangs, clowns, and wrasses but it completed my tang gang, for less then what I could’ve bought 3 yellows for in store. Plus, I’ll make my money back on the corals and rock
Good luck tomorrow!!
 
;FacepalmTEASE..!!!;):cool:
 
Picked up a cube tank today, and got a frag tank as well! Gotta love catching the good deals!
I feel like this thread is following mine. Its been almost a year since I started and down have water but I do have lots of equipment and 2 pretty tanks ti fill some day :):)

Great job so far, cant wait till it has water!
 
I feel like this thread is following mine. Its been almost a year since I started and down have water but I do have lots of equipment and 2 pretty tanks ti fill some day :):)

Great job so far, cant wait till it has water!
Well, tank will be wet by next weekend!
Hey atleast he isn't like me and filled it with tap water then letting it run for a couple months ;Smuggrin ;)
Nope going straight for the RODI
 
That was great, I was reading through build and got to the cube tank buy so posted "Cant wait till water" and now we have water!! Awesome, congrats!
 
Plumbing on those bigger tanks is a NIGHTMARE. Lol

also, is it safe to have salt water this close to a furnace?
 

Attachments

  • C86CA496-E6E4-4182-914A-6E659416B401.jpeg
    C86CA496-E6E4-4182-914A-6E659416B401.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 133
  • FC2BA570-7CCC-44B0-8DCF-DC0D66089757.jpeg
    FC2BA570-7CCC-44B0-8DCF-DC0D66089757.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 141

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top