72"x20"x23" rimless acrylic build

Happy clams
 

Attachments

  • 20140202_180820.jpg
    20140202_180820.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 287
So here is my issue,
does anyone know of a way to stop my reactors ( made from old rodi system) from siphoning water,which are run off a manifold attached to main return? An inline check valve wont work because it is one way and would just block water comming from manifold.

I'm trying to avoid adding two check valves to the return lines, as you can see I only have one at the pump. I fear the only solution is cutting into the left and right return lines behind the tank and installing 1" check valves there.
 

Attachments

  • 20140126_145013.jpg
    20140126_145013.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 270
  • 20140206_223310.jpg
    20140206_223310.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 267
WOW! A very nice Reeftank with great dimensions and build thread to go with. Don't know how I missed seeing it for so long. I run a True Union Check Valve off my return pump for about 5 years now with no issues. Was mainly added as a redundancy at first but like what it does with no complaints. I've only cleaned it a couple of times since every time its turned off it bounces/flaps up and down a few times which seems to keep it cleaned off.

Cheers, Todd
 
WOW! A very nice Reeftank with great dimensions and build thread to go with. Don't know how I missed seeing it for so long. I run a True Union Check Valve off my return pump for about 5 years now with no issues. Was mainly added as a redundancy at first but like what it does with no complaints. I've only cleaned it a couple of times since every time its turned off it bounces/flaps up and down a few times which seems to keep it cleaned off.

Cheers, Todd
Thanks this is my first custom build, its been fun and a really good learning experience. I also run a check valve off my pump, but my pump feeds a manifold that feeds mu reactors and since my 4 return nozzles are always submerged I have no way of stopping the siphon that is being drawn through the reactors. The check valve stops the siphon from going through the pump and back into the sump only. I was hoping that I dont have to drain the tank down to move the check valves below the return nozzles, but I think thats the only way to stop the siphon to the manifold.

It will be nice to be done with my plumbing issues, because I have all this great apex stuff and automation I want to get into
 
Looks nice. But if I were you I'd give that Duresa some sandy area on the bottom. They prefer sand over rock.

Thanks, I don't think sand would really stay put with all the flow so I cradled the clam in a branch rock; do you think it won't survive? I would hate to lose it id rather give it a new home.

here's a pic at night, it has attached itself to the rock
 

Attachments

  • 20140211_204216.jpg
    20140211_204216.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
wiring before and after

Cleaned up my mess
 

Attachments

  • 20140216_171547.jpg
    20140216_171547.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 20140206_223321.jpg
    20140206_223321.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 224
Love those coast to coast overflows
Thanks, it is really quiet and I get a lot of flow across the entire surface of the water. It took me a bit to get it dialed in but it works great now. One day when I have my fish room I will put the overflows on the outside of the tank, but for now this really works with the space I have.
 
updates

So here is the update, Tank is doing well. I've added an ozone generator, IP cam, second Neptune apex EB8, salinity probe, ORP Probe, advanced leak detector, tuned the overflows and ATO. Just about everything is automated except for water changes and water testing, now if I could only get a Fusion account....lol. I've also built my very first saltwater changing station, so far I love it; photos to follow.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5106.jpg
    IMG_5106.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_5110.jpg
    IMG_5110.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_5111.jpg
    IMG_5111.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_5134.jpg
    IMG_5134.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_5135.jpg
    IMG_5135.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 154
some orginization

cleaned up under stand a bit
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5141.jpg
    IMG_5141.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_5143.jpg
    IMG_5143.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_5145.jpg
    IMG_5145.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 206
I need some photography tips..... but you get the idea of how the tank is going, I will have to work on it
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top