Any coral suggestions for 20 gallon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Finnc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
soft corals: leather corals, xenia, green star polyps. zoas, mushrooms.
don't need high end lighting like the stony corals you are talking about.

leather corals, xenia, and green star polyps (gsp) will give you swaying movement.




red (easy) mushrooms
red.jpg
Superman 022121.jpg
IMG_1336.jpg


chili coral (difficult)
april 2019 (2).jpg
 
Also how hard are hammer corals to keep? I also really like them.

soft corals: leather corals, xenia, green star polyps. zoas, mushrooms.
don't need high end lighting like the stony corals you are talking about.

leather corals, xenia, and green star polyps (gsp) will give you swaying movement.




red (easy) mushrooms
red.jpg
Superman 022121.jpg
IMG_1336.jpg


chili coral (difficult)
april 2019 (2).jpg
Also thank you a LOT for this because I just looked at these and I really like these
 
so not to dissuade you from this awesome hobby, but the stony corals need more lighting then I think you could get within your budget.
 
Also how hard are hammer corals to keep? I also really like them.


Also thank you a LOT for this because I just looked at these and I really like these
the stony corals you are asking about aren't difficult. but you do need good lighting for them to thrive.
 
so not to dissuade you from this awesome hobby, but the stony corals need more lighting then I think you could get within your budget.
Oh well, I guess that's ok. Hopefully eventually I'll get some nice expensive lighting, but I love more basic corals anyway. Oh and also what would define a stony coral?
 
Oh well, I guess that's ok. Hopefully eventually I'll get some nice expensive lighting, but I love more basic corals anyway. Oh and also what would define a stony coral?
basic definition: large polyp stony (lps) corals have a stony base they grow out of.
small polyp stony (sps) corals cover the stony base.
soft corals have no stony "skeleton" except for blue ridge coral.

take a look here
https://www.liveaquaria.com/category/597/coral
 
one more thing.
most of the pricing on that link has not been updated.
figure double what's shown.
Wait a second... that means corals are usually 60-80 dollars? Wow. Actually, even though my account says my location is in the USA, I'm in Thailand which has some of the cheapest fish and corals that I've ever seen (common clowns are around 5-10 dollars), but I can't actually import/export live animals/plants, so I would have to get them here.
 
Wait a second... that means corals are usually 60-80 dollars? Wow. Actually, even though my account says my location is in the USA, I'm in Thailand which has some of the cheapest fish and corals that I've ever seen (common clowns are around 5-10 dollars), but I can't actually import/export live animals/plants, so I would have to get them here.
no, I mean those are old prices. much higher here now.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top