- Joined
- Apr 9, 2021
- Messages
- 15
- Reaction score
- 4
- Location
- USA
- What state or country do you live in
- Maine
All right that's great! Thanks!Again just depends on the coral!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
All right that's great! Thanks!Again just depends on the coral!
Feel free to PM me too and we can chat more offline! Let others chime in on the thread!All right that's great! Thanks!
Also thank you a LOT for this because I just looked at these and I really like thesesoft corals: leather corals, xenia, green star polyps. zoas, mushrooms.
don't need high end lighting like the stony corals you are talking about.
leather corals, xenia, and green star polyps (gsp) will give you swaying movement.
red (easy) mushrooms
![]()
![]()
![]()
chili coral (difficult)
![]()
the stony corals you are asking about aren't difficult. but you do need good lighting for them to thrive.Also how hard are hammer corals to keep? I also really like them.
Also thank you a LOT for this because I just looked at these and I really like these
Oh well, I guess that's ok. Hopefully eventually I'll get some nice expensive lighting, but I love more basic corals anyway. Oh and also what would define a stony coral?so not to dissuade you from this awesome hobby, but the stony corals need more lighting then I think you could get within your budget.
basic definition: large polyp stony (lps) corals have a stony base they grow out of.Oh well, I guess that's ok. Hopefully eventually I'll get some nice expensive lighting, but I love more basic corals anyway. Oh and also what would define a stony coral?
Wait a second... that means corals are usually 60-80 dollars? Wow. Actually, even though my account says my location is in the USA, I'm in Thailand which has some of the cheapest fish and corals that I've ever seen (common clowns are around 5-10 dollars), but I can't actually import/export live animals/plants, so I would have to get them here.one more thing.
most of the pricing on that link has not been updated.
figure double what's shown.
no, I mean those are old prices. much higher here now.Wait a second... that means corals are usually 60-80 dollars? Wow. Actually, even though my account says my location is in the USA, I'm in Thailand which has some of the cheapest fish and corals that I've ever seen (common clowns are around 5-10 dollars), but I can't actually import/export live animals/plants, so I would have to get them here.

