Any MarsAqua users out there? (165 watt LED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nihilus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hard to tell the difference in pictures but is a big difference in person.
image.jpeg
Mars 165w
image.jpeg
SB reef lights board upgrade.
image.jpeg
On the left is Mars and right is SB
 
Hard to tell the difference in pictures but is a big difference in person.
image.jpeg
Mars 165w
image.jpeg
SB reef lights board upgrade.
image.jpeg
On the left is Mars and right is SB
Is that a dead LED on the right?
 
I'm running two galaxy hydros I got on amazon. I hooked them up to a timer and they are working great for me. Definitely powerful enough for my 40b
 
I use one on a 20L where I have LPS and sps and it does very well. Only been in use for 6mo and seems to be holding up well.
 
Has anyone used these lights? I no several people have used the Mars Aqua with pretty decent results. Not sure if I would want the programmable lights or not! What benefits do the programmable have.
Well, a lot of that info is listed within the listings but I will sum it up for you. Difference is built in timers, dimmers and the ability to create natural effects like lightening storms, clouds and solar cycles.
 
Last edited:
bump

Just trying to gather as much information as I can on these fixtures.
What do you think you are missing?

Only thing not talked about is how you can customize them. Aside from that, SB reef sells the upgraded boards if you don' feel like doing it yourself. You could purchase the lower cost and then later on, upgrade it.
 
Nothing really, but I just want to get some other opinions. I'm sure there still a few stones out there that haven't been turned over yet.
 
Nothing fancy about them just on, off, and intensity. Will be able to grow anything you want to. If you want little more perks but still cheap go SB reef .
 
Well, we didn't discuss mounting options. Here is an old picture of my latest setup with a TV mount. I can adjust height, length and direction.

20160321_151026-2.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top