Are you OCD about your equipment? Let's see your stuff!

  • Thread starter Thread starter fredro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
With those wire channels, can you fit the bulky wires through the slats by removing one? They look narrow to me, but the channels are plastic, right?
 
Can you safely paint cords to disguise them? I'm planning on doing a white sump and would like to paint the parts of the cords that show unless that's a really bad idea, lol. This would only be for the cord segments that come out of the water and go over the top of the sump. Everything else will be hidden.
 
With those wire channels, can you fit the bulky wires through the slats by removing one? They look narrow to me, but the channels are plastic, right?
The wire ducts are plastic and you can trim them any way you like. I really have not had any cords that would not fit in the slots.

Can you safely paint cords to disguise them? I'm planning on doing a white sump and would like to paint the parts of the cords that show unless that's a really bad idea, lol. This would only be for the cord segments that come out of the water and go over the top of the sump. Everything else will be hidden.
Personally, I would not paint the cords. If you really have to cover single cords, you might see if these single wire covers will suit your needs. I use these to run cords along the sides of the sump. Keep in mind though that they will make it a little more difficult to remove equipment for maintenance. You can get the covers in white, or you can paint them with Krylon Fusion.

Here is an example of how I used the covers. This is a 20 gallon long sump that I am working on. I needed to run a cord from one side of the sump to the power strip on the opposite side. I concealed it inside of the cover and painted it black to match the trim of the sump. You can get fittings to make corners also.

DSC09594_zpspitabgoi.jpg


DSC09593_zpsslzr9eoi.jpg
 
Last edited:
Agreed Brewsky. Not a bad problem to have though... if you're gonna have a problem.
 
Nice job peeps!
 
IMG_1480545789.313557.jpg
IMG_1480545839.877404.jpg


About to redo my plumbing with Blue and Grey PVC from BRS black fri sale. I'll post pics when it's done.
I also have another cabinet for the right side to house my calc reactor and co2 tank
 
I recently changed up the entire area under my tank. I'm almost finished with the control center... just need to add the LED strips to make the frosted acrylic edge glow around all three openings. And a tad bit of wiring management in the sump area.

IMG_7088 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_7102 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_7108 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr
 
I recently changed up the entire area under my tank. I'm almost finished with the control center... just need to add the LED strips to make the frosted acrylic edge glow around all three openings. And a tad bit of wiring management in the sump area.

Like the sump. You have it set up really nice. What is supporting those rectors? Tyler (at Elite-Aquatics) just made mine also. Yours must be the other one that recently had a special request on different color baffles. Mine are blue. I remember he told me he had to go get some orange acrylic, so he could pick the blue up at the same time. Looks great!
 
Like the sump. You have it set up really nice. What is supporting those rectors? Tyler (at Elite-Aquatics) just made mine also. Yours must be the other one that recently had a special request on different color baffles. Mine are blue. I remember he told me he had to go get some orange acrylic, so he could pick the blue up at the same time. Looks great!

Yep, I saw your blue one... looks awesome!

I designed it so the piping for the reactors hugs the underside of the stand. So I simply used pipe clamps to cinch it up there... it's very solid! Here's a better view of the manifold:

IMG_7613 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_7618 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_7661 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr
 
I love the orange PVC!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top