Are you OCD about your equipment? Let's see your stuff!

  • Thread starter Thread starter fredro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
14+-+53

14+-+42

14+-+39

14+-+4
18B905D9-BEAB-495B-9C08-2A00E8F1C575.JPG
 
Under the hood of my old 75 gallon. Pic is at least 12 years old. Old school. :)

Stuffed_zps88599b0d.jpg


Current set-up under my 140. Soon to be updated with a new tank and equipment. Getting some good ideas from this thread.

Note to self: Do sump maintenance BEFORE taking pictures! :-)

00-Sump_zps1242d9ba.jpg
 
Last edited:
Sump almost done. Need to hook up reactor and algae scrubber

1454442792031.jpg
 
Got to show some behind the scenes to get to see how bad the OCD can get:
Testing lab
In the garage: water mixing station
Quarantine with brine shrimp hatchery (quarantine is down for the moment)

7c9cccfb17f46e27e2eac2e411f0cc9b.jpg
57e5578e950acc6c35dc8825f4c5c18d.jpg
e01dc93de0a750d4071343159fcf1745.jpg
Do you have a build sheet of your hatchery? I love the way it is done and would like to copy your design
 
At the end of the day when you are like me, you never feel like it's complete.Today is the day I can say "ITS DONE"!!Auto top off system has been delivered from John at Advanced Acrylics who did the whole System. Sump, auto top off reservoir dosing system You dream it John Does it.Thanks John for the best XMas Ever!!
9c3566a8da9f1b5e5a0eafde30d4af96.jpg
That Advanced Acrylics "Reality Box" sure is nice!!!

Lots of nice setups in this thread. I see a bunch of high end equipment! I got a lot of good ideas from this thread!
 
I like to keep it as simple as I can. Plus I'm poor and can't afford too much high end stuff.

IMG_20151210_210906755_HDR.jpg


IMG_20151210_210749552.jpg
Amen. With 5 kids diy is my friend and after 15 years in the hobby and way above average mechanical skills I save boatloads. I have less than $1000 in my newest 150 I'm setting up and the tank was new. I buy broken stuff on ebay and fix them
 
I hate all of you. Just kidding; but this thread has added a bunch of to-dos to my list.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top