Are you OCD about your equipment? Let's see your stuff!

  • Thread starter Thread starter fredro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I guess I'm a little OCD when it comes to my equipment. I have so much Apex stuff that's spread over a large area and out of sight that I can't really get any good pictures of that but the equipment that's visible is well planned out and easy on the eyes.

image_zpsp0w4gvhm.jpg


image_zpszmp0h2qu.jpg




image_zps8zke2otm.jpeg


This isn't exactly easy on the eyes with all the spare equipment and supplies in the life support shed.
image_zpsffsdj5lp.jpg
 
Last edited:
I guess I'm a little OCD when it comes to my equipment. I have so much Apex stuff that's spread over a large area and out of sight that I can't really get any good pictures of that but the equipment that's visible is well planned out and easy on the eyes.

image_zpsp0w4gvhm.jpg


image_zpszmp0h2qu.jpg




image_zps8zke2otm.jpeg


This isn't exactly easy on the eyes with all the spare equipment and supplies in the life support shed.
image_zpsffsdj5lp.jpg
I love this setup! My favorite is the wash-down setup on the skimmer. Great looking cabinet Scott!
 
It's a synergy sump. It was their standard SS34 white sump but I had them add in some red flare! The ATO on the right is from synergy reef as well
 
Home Depot website under furniture grade pvc or bulk reef supply
 
Bulk Reef Supply carries it. They don't have white though unfortunately, but I was able to find white on Home Depots website. It's furniture grade so doesn't have any ink or lettering on it.
 
Great job!
 
Some of mine. Still not complete but on my way. Really tight space to work with but I shoe horned it in:D

Ecotechs.jpg
 
Last edited:
i could use one of you ocd'ers over here to sort mine out, no matter how much i try to keep it organised, it just ends up messy! wires are just a thing of mystery to me...
 
i could use one of you ocd'ers over here to sort mine out, no matter how much i try to keep it organised, it just ends up messy! wires are just a thing of mystery to me...

Let these be your friend...they work great and are easily accessible when needed. Google 'open slot wiring ducts'.

01-open-slot.jpg
 
As said, Google 'Open slot wiring ducts'. There are many places to grab them. I personally didn't have any luck finding local to me, but you may have an office supply store that carries them.
 
Wire channels are a godsend for equipment ocd types. Also need to think forward about practical access. Invariably you'll need to pull the equipment and wiring for service.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top