I had a multi-day power outage wipe out a tank and vowed I'd never have another tank without a whole-house generator. Generator installed, I purchased a Biocube to see how far the hobby had progressed in 15 years.
I was amazed and before investing money in the new tech, I wanted to see if I was really committed. The bug bit and I slowly added automation to my Biocube.
I read and researched everything about Apex and GHL. I am a coder and was really intrigued how GHL setup their controller thru logic gates. I guess that is why I chose GHL.
Started out with a stand alone doser to learn. Next I was lucky enough to pickup a Maxi-doser. I built a saltwater mixing station and began AWC and ATO. The time saved mixing 6 gallons of water and dragging hoses around weekly was the game changer.
I began researching my dream tank and added a Profilux 4 to the Biocube. Decided to learn automation on the small tank so I wasn't trying to figure everything out at once.
Fast forward a year and my IM 170 Ext has the main tasks mostly automated (AWC, ATO, Feed, Alk Control, Temp, pumps and lights). Waiting on the ION Director to complete the GHL setup.
My todo list is add leak detection and a 3 way valve for my co2 scrubber.
If I could figure out how to change the filter floss in my cups, that would be the holy grail!
Glad to be back in the hobby and enjoying the views.