BK's will be wrasse and SPS Dominated 120

Got my RO/DI unit hooked up and lines ran on Friday night and was going to start producing water starting Saturday morning. After about five hours I had only produced five gallons of 0 TDS water, the water pressure here sucks. So, thanks to Amazon Prime I will have my new booster pump sometime today to really get things going.
 
Let's start making some water!!

IMG_20160807_093442.jpg
 
Awesome tank!! Wrasses ROCK!!
 
If you're not using an RO/DI booster pump than you're not really making water! Geez, this thing is bomb.
 
After adding the booster pumps five gallon containers have been deemed inadequate. Decided with the garage it was time to up my water storage game. And thanks to @thejoshdavis I picked up this used 100 gallon trough. I have ordered the auto shut off kit with float valve and I should have it and install it Tuesday.

IMG_20160814_203340.jpg


And thanks to @Defective_Weeble for all the help getting my Apex hooked up to my wifi, I am so not computer savvy or tech literate.

I've added the sand and started adding water this weekend, might have 25 gallons in the tank at this point. Hoping to have it full, salty and aquascaped by the 21st (next Sunday.) We shall see how it goes.

IMG_20160814_210910.jpg


All the fish I've currently got are in QT and undergoing copper treatment using Mardels Copper Safe and they're all doing well.
 
Its starting to hit me just how much I miss having a full fledged reef up and running. Its been quite a while since I've had one. I'm glad I made the decision to move on from the corals I did have even though finding some replacements will be tricky.

I'm ready to have this tank running, my patience is wearing thin.
 
Awesome! Now the real fun begins!

Yup. Still on hold due the the Apex problems I'm having but hopefully they can get that solved this afternoon. Also had a small problem with one of my Vortechs but got great customer service from EcoTech.
 
Well, after an hour of being on the phone with Neptune nothing could be fixed so unfortunately it seems like the build moving forward will be dependant on outside sources. Considering buying another used unit just to move forward and either sell off the extras or keep as backups. The EB8, head unit and display are all being sent in.
 
Made a good amount of progress today on the tank and otherwise. Started off getting the starter replaced in my fiances car, in the Home Depot gas station parking lot. Glad to get her car back on the road again, thanks to @Stretch for his help there. Then got lucky to find another used Apex for a good price last night thanks to @NeveSSL so I've now got a full Apex up and running again and I now feel comfortable with going forward with adding the live rock. Got everything mounted and programmed for the most part today so I'll be able to move forward with the aquascaping tomorrow. I'm glad and relieved to be at this point its been a lot longer of a process than I ever planned or wanted it to be. But because of the longer set up period I believe I'll end up with a better tank because of it. The rocks have been cycling and curing for almost five months at this point. My fish have been in full bore copper for over two weeks as well.

Things are on the up and up. Thanks to those who have helped me get here and thanks to those who continue to follow and comment.
 
Time to revisit some of my favorite threads and builds on here for inspiration.

This thread is a good read:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-on-creating-amazing-aquascapes.97209/

I enjoyed this thread as well:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/minimalist-aquascaping.181509/

This is one of my all time favorite builds, just love the way this tank looks @ChristopherKriens built an amazing tank. Actually one of the reasons I decided to try Radions.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/chris-algae-farm-elos-160.109257/

Another one of my favorite builds here. Love his fish selection and aquascape. He's also running a Radion/T5 fixture:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/new-to-this-forum-not-new-to-reefs-40b-90-gal.172384/

I've mapped out the rule of thirds with dry erase marker to help me with rock work, guess its time to get my armpits wet.

thegoldenratio.jpg
 
Here's the inside of the electric cabinet which sits to the left of the tank and houses most of the electronics, trying to keep them as dry as possible, I may add an exhaust fan, not sure if its needed but with the Radion power blocks in there I may need to, any thoughts?

IMG_20160821_182830.jpg


What's all in there?

- Three MP40QD power supplies and controllers.
- Two Radion power blocks
- EcoTech battery back up
- Aquarium Plants electronic C02 regulator (have it but its not installed due to not needing it yet)
- Neptune Apex main brain with two pH probes and a Netgear Wifi adapter
- Two EB8
- Apex WXM
- Apex Break Out Box
- 5lbs C02 tank
- Apex display

I'm happy with the way this turned out and glad it helps keep the electronic components away from salt water.

IMG_20160821_193316.jpg
 
This build looks really thought out. I think you will be rewarded for the care and time you have put into the planning. I like your tank and many of our equipment choices - I will be building something similar in a couple years once I am done with graduate school, so thanks for allowing me to reef through you.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top