BK's will be wrasse and SPS Dominated 120

Can't speak on that one cause I never had one and don't see them in my area much. You can ask the wrasse kings in the wrasse thread my 55 is mainly fairies and a few flashers have to add a rhomboid pair and I'm going to try and stop there until I get the big tank build going.
 
I contemplated going bare bottom to remove the nutrient sink it can become but then I decided that I like wrasses and gobies too much.

So tonight (weather permitting) I'll rinse my sand and add it! The remainder of my plumbing parts should be delivered tomorrow.

Its slowly coming together.

IMG_20160525_171636.jpg


90 pounds of Tropic Eden, 60 pounds of Miniflakes and 30 pounds of Mesoflakes.
 
Got done rinsing the sand just in time, minutes later the skies opened up and it started pouring. But all 90 pounds are rinsed and in the tank. It was pretty clean and didn't need much rinsing, the Mesoflakes seemed a little dirtier than the Miniflakes but I think it looks great.
 
Thought when I ordered my T5's that I would be done with the light fixture but I just found an IceCap 660 ballast for a price I couldn't resist (free.) So, when I get that I'll be taking the fixture down and back apart. Its a small change but one that will pay dividends. Considering ordering new reflectors since I'll have it down and apart.
 
Unfortunately, I didn't get nearly as far as I wanted to today. The tank is 95% full, up to the bottom of the teeth on the overflow. Water started making its way down the overflow and then a leaky bulkhead ruined my night. I fought with said bulkhead for a good half hour until my anger got the best of me, all that to say that I need a new bulkhead now.

Took my Apex to a friends house to see if he could help fix the problem and just ended up more confused than before. Updated all the firmware and the EB8 status light still blinks and the display is blank. I'll email Neptune tomorrow. Thanks again for your help @NeveSSL .

Also got the IceCap 660 today hope to get the installed soon enough.

Was hoping to be salty today but it just didn't happen and with me going out of town on Friday I'm not sure if I want to leave with only a few days to tweak the system of the need to arises. So, unfortunately looks like it maybe another week out yet. Nothing good ever happens fast in this hobby.
 
It's always something man, it's just the way it is ;) Lots of worse things than a leaky bulkhead, I'm sure you'll sort it all out in no time.
 
Gonna be a great build, I'm sure. Looking forward to seeing it up and running. I love the light fixture
 
Bummer bud, but don't worry it'll be salty in no time. :)

Yeah, still a little frustrating.

It's always something man, it's just the way it is ;) Lots of worse things than a leaky bulkhead, I'm sure you'll sort it all out in no time.

It is. Yeah, it could be worse.

Gonna be a great build, I'm sure. Looking forward to seeing it up and running. I love the light fixture

Thanks!
 
Well, I think I've got the bulkhead issue fixed but I'm still not confident enough in it to get the system running tonight and then leave town for four days so it'll just have to wait.

I also got the IceCap ballast wired in (hopefully) and I should have my ATI bulbs when I get home, should be interesting to see what the Radion/T5 combo looks like. I'll also have my calcium reactor media and a couple other odds and ends.

It's definitely coming along, my next steps are to start adding salt and figure out my aqua scape. I'm having a hard time deciding on my scape, I've mainly done the island scape and I've always liked it but looking to do things a little different this go around so I'm not sure what I'll be doing there yet.

Thanks for following and commenting.
 
Fired up the return this afternoon and there appear to be no leaks, haven't turned on the manifold pump to test that yet. Seemed to run great, a little noise issue where the water enters the sump that needs adjusting.

Need to order new end caps and stand offs to get the T5s running so I can rehang the fixture and get salty and my scape done.

Inching closer. Won't be able to work on the tank this weekend as I'm boarding a plane to Chicago currently.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top