BK's will be wrasse and SPS Dominated 120

Well, there's good news and then there is bad news (told y'all this was going to be a bumpy ride)...

I'll start with the good news. The tank seems to be running smoothly, no leaks, quieting down, rock is getting closer to being ready, fish are doing well and should be starting copper on them soon.

Now, the bad news. The build is potentially being put on hold due to things outside of my control. May have to move soon and I can't justify starting the tank just to tear it back down especially with an unknown time frame. It could be as little as two months or indefinitely and that's just too unnerving for me.
 
Well, there's good news and then there is bad news (told y'all this was going to be a bumpy ride)...

I'll start with the good news. The tank seems to be running smoothly, no leaks, quieting down, rock is getting closer to being ready, fish are doing well and should be starting copper on them soon.

Now, the bad news. The build is potentially being put on hold due to things outside of my control. May have to move soon and I can't justify starting the tank just to tear it back down especially with an unknown time frame. It could be as little as two months or indefinitely and that's just too unnerving for me.

Oh no, hopefully everything works out for you. Best of luck! Keep us posted if you can
 
Go luck bro hope all works out for don't give up the fight

What sucks the most is the fact that its all from outside sources well beyond my control. And I don't want to divulge too many details right now as I'm still a learning all the details myself. God has carried us this far no reason for him to stop now.

Putting the personal side of it away for a minute I'm not real sure what to do with the livestock, there are things that I obviously don't want to lose but not sure how happy they can be where they are now. I've already lost one fish and had a couple RTN issues while I was out of town.
 
Having gone through a similar situation as you I'd say it's probably easier for you to just sell all the livestock and just start over when you're more settled. I moved across the country though , so if you're staying local that might be a different story.

Good luck whatever you decide. I know what you mean about the unknown, I knew I was moving but didn't know to what state for a couple of months.... Hang in there you'll know soon enough
 
Having gone through a similar situation as you I'd say it's probably easier for you to just sell all the livestock and just start over when you're more settled. I moved across the country though , so if you're staying local that might be a different story.

Good luck whatever you decide. I know what you mean about the unknown, I knew I was moving but didn't know to what state for a couple of months.... Hang in there you'll know soon enough

I've got some difficult to find livestock that I don't really want to lose but selling off the livestock isn't out of the question it is however not something I want to do.

Thanks.
 
I hear you man, I didn't have much of a choice really. Had to sell everything. Hopefully everything works out for you !
 
I hear you man, I didn't have much of a choice really. Had to sell everything. Hopefully everything works out for you !

Me too! Thanks.

It's hard very hard to give up wrasses

Always. Especially expensive ones that aren't always available.

following I have a tech 90 and have been trying to find the size you have for years. hope you get it up and running

Thanks for following.

I hope for a quick resolution to my current issues to finish this thing.
 
Build is still more or less at a stand still. My current residence is being shown today so my future is up in the air.

However, I did get my new end caps in and got the T5s and ballasts wired in and fired up. Still have a little tweaking to do but its more or less done.

IMG_20160611_170200.jpg


Also made one small change to the sump, they come with white Jon Guest fittings which are nice but they stick out like a sore thumb so I had to rectify that.

Before:
IMG_20160606_171243.jpg


After:
IMG_20160606_172931.jpg


I love the red color of the sump!
 
The tank got moved into its new home last Sunday, haven't even had the chance to work on it yet, hope to make some progress this weekend.

Special thanks to @ToXIc and @mrsaltwatertank for their help.

IMG_20160724_175919.jpg


All the fish made the move successfully and have begun copper treatment using Mardels Copper Safe after two rounds of PraziPro.
 
Had one of the clowns jump through a small hole in my tops on my QT now I'm down to one lonely clown.

I've been making slow progress since the move. The ceiling in the tank room is much too high to hang my fixture from so I decided to try my luck making a conduit hanger like @revhtree built for his. I think it looks pretty good for my first try at it.

IMG_20160804_205223.jpg


Hoping to to start filling.it back up again this weekend.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top